Cancer Free!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
HeatherB

Cancer Free!

Post by HeatherB »

A year ago today we all sat in a hospital waiting room while my dad had his esophagus removed due to cancer.

A year ago today life was so different.

Not knowing if he would make it through the surgery, not knowing if the doctor did get all the cancer out. Just not knowing.

Today we all sat in a restaurant knowing! Knowing he is 1 year cancer free!

Today I know my tears are tears of joy not sorrow!

Today is so different! Today was happy!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

That's great, Heather. Cancer treatment is a rough ride for everyone. I'm glad you're past all that!
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am very happy for you. Its great to have good news.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

What a great day for you and your family.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Betty/WV

Re: Cancer free

Post by Betty/WV »

Dear HeatherB: So happy for you and your Dad. Wonderful news. I wish you much more happiness. Its always nice to hear good news. We are so used to all the bad news. Like it says in Isaiah, there will be a time when "no resident will say I am sick". What a blessed time that will be. Love, BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Isn't it great. I'm a 26 year survivor

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wayne, congrats to you!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Thank you everyone for the wonderful words. I hope we get to celebrate more years to come.

Congratulations Wayne. I hope you have many more years to celebrate too!