I found something that works for me!!! YIPPY!!!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
LLB

I found something that works for me!!! YIPPY!!!

Post by LLB »

I found a product that worked for me and I want to scream at the top of every mountain! I don't usually take the time to write about any company, but I've tried EVERYTHING and this actually works for me every single night. It's instant, it's not a pill (it's an oil I put on my lower spine). I didn't think it would work, but I was willing to try. Here's a link to the web site
http://store.naturesinventory.com/relegreweoil.html

Give it a try! I now sleep at night...!!! YIPPY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner »

Sure, that oil is going to make the iron transort molecules deep im my brain begin to function normally again. Get a clue and quit spamming over here.

becat

Just a question

Post by becat »

LLB, I have a question.
First I must say I'm so glad you found something that works for you. It's always a toss up about treatments. Good for you, you've found something helpful.
Anyway,
I've seen you a couple of times, on a different website, posting about this oil. So you've been on this oil how long know? In late Dec. you had written that you were still on meds. and I was wondering if you are now.
How long had you been on them?
I'd like more of your experience with the oil, it's helps to know how often you use it and what it does.
Glad you found us and look forward to hearing from you.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

HELLO AND WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE, Im Lyndarae, and boy I think it would be wonderful if what worked for one person would work for all of us. But then we wouldnt need this forum!!!!! Anyone who shares what works for them is always welcome here you just never know when ya might stumble onto something that works.
I dont know about you all but my rls curse has gotten worse with age!!!! So I like to here about all things that help others. The only thing I do know for sure is there is NO cure for rls as of yet. So I say if it works for you then go for it and GODSPEED!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Robin-Whittle

Post by Robin-Whittle »

This "Restless Legs Wellness Oil" at:

http://store.naturesinventory.com/relegreweoil.html

is one of 28 such "wellness oils" at:

http://store.naturesinventory.com/wellnessoils.html

Some of these have listed ingredients, but the RLS oil doesn't.
Does the package say anything about its contents?

IF these people have developed a special compound which
is dazzlingly effective for even a small percentage of RLS
sufferers, then it is a major breakthrough.

Without any further information, its hard for me to be
enthusiastic about this oil, since other oils in the series are
supposedly helpful in conditions including: arthritis, boils,
cellulite, cold-sores (herpes simplex virus), depression,
eczema, "fat flushing", fertility, headache, "head clearing",
high blood pressure, indigestion, insomnia, jet lag,
menopause, migraine, muscle tentioin (their spelling),
"manic depression" (should be "bipolar"), meditation,
painful joints, psoriasis, scarring, sensual massage,
shingles (recurrence of the chicken pox - the varicella
virus), sinus clearing and "uplifting".

It is hard for me to imagine a cure for RLS coming from
an outfit such as this.

- Robin

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have a hunch that the main ingrediant in those oils is "snake".

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Greetings. I'm new here and this is my first post.

I've tried this oil before and it doesn't do anything for my RLS. That being said though, it does smell good and I do get a bit of a calming feeling when using it (aromatherapy?)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

A couple of years ago I tried this rls oil from this company. Paid for it to be shipped to the UK. It did nothing at all for my rls. I even ordered a second bottle... to be sure..... still nothing. Well there was one bonus, all this oil getting rubbed around the lower spine meant soft and smooth butt cheeks (sorry if I offend anyone).

Good luck if it works. But in my opinion..... just save your money.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

rofl polar bear. I think Ill tell my husband about this just so I can get a free massage.

I would think it would work for a very small % of people, and that would be people that have a physiological form of RLS, those same people that are cured by putting a bar of soap under their sheets., or if it had some sort of numbing component. But I don't think it could have numbing components in it if it wasn't an Rx.

and if it doesn't have a list of ingredients it's a hoax, but that's just my opinion.

If it works for you AWESOME!
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

gulliver

Post by gulliver »

I tried a sample of the oil and it did NOT work. Glad I only ordered a sample because it's a waste of money.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Let's not keep bumping a four year old scam/spam/shill/ad for snake oil.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

gymper

Post by gymper »

I also got a sample of that oil and it did nothing. I'm inclined to think "SPAMMER".

bryan3

Post by bryan3 »

I don't have anything to say which is in the positive or negative about this oil - all I wonder is why we limit ourselves so much when trying to deal with our symptoms? I respect and look up to the professionals who help us in the medical field - but I don't consider them or their philosophy of health and wellness the only way or only helpful approach. I think we have all had experience, positive and negative, that would help us to see that maybe we need to be accepting of all areas of help. I know there is no cure, so I don't think we are going to find it by narrowing our views to think that there will be come pill come along to save us. I think it would just be a good idea to be a little more trusting and like ViewsAskew said in a post "take it on faith." I think it takes faith to accept any form of treatment.

mackjergens

Post by mackjergens »

bryan3,
I think the problem is that many of us have been dealing with rls for YEARS . Its been over 30 yrs for me and back then if you said" I have creepy crawlies in my legs at night, and I have to walk all night."
most drs just looked at you like you were nuts, so for many rlser's we did try anything that was ever mentioned.
I know I tried so many things, like the soap under the sheets, the turned upside down shoes under the bed, quinine,vits, minerals, and the list goes on and on and on. Nothing ever helped my rls. oh afew times, I would think I had found the answer only to find out a couple nights later it was back in full force.
My family has found me asleep in the floor, on the couch, or where ever I happen to be around 4-6 am when the rls would stop. I can not began to tell you how awful it was, when a Dr didnt know anything about rls.

Finally about 10 yrs ago, I discovered on my own thru dental work that pain meds stopped my creepies and finally found a Dr that would allow me to take pain meds for rls. So there is just no way I am willing to give up what works for me, even the thought of having to go back and live they way I did, scares me to death. I am so careful with my pain meds, because I live in fear that the Dr will stop prescribing them for me.

plus we have so much more info about rls that is very hard to understand why rubbing oil on your legs will stop rls, since its a Neuro problem, we have a glitch in our brains, so for me at least I can believe an oil would help.

Having said all that, IF a person wishes to try this oil then certainly they should, but just remember how hard it is for those of us that have been dealing with rls for YEARS and have finally found a med that works, we just are not going to be willing to give that med up.

bryan3

Post by bryan3 »

mackjergens

(I do not say this in any way to attack you or to "rebuttle" what you have said. These are just my feelings on the topic and my approach to health.)I recognize that I cannot empathize with individuals like yourself who have suffered from RLS for so long. It has only been a handful of years for me. In no way do I think people should leave that which is helping them. If you find a treatment that works and is safe I am so happy for you!
I just find it sad that people can be very close minded, and maybe it isnt that, maybe it is something else. Even if they can't understand how something might work - such as an oil, or a needle, or any other alternative form of treatment - who are we to say that it is rediculous of them. I know a lot of people who have been gravely, for a lack of better words, messed up by medications and nobody stopped to question whether or not a doctors form of treatment was acceptable. But I also know many people who have been blessed GREATLY by doctors and western biomedicine.
I guess for me it is just interesting what people put their faith in and why we ascribe our faith to that. Ultimatley though, I am so happy for you that you have found something that has improved your life - and that is a great blessing