Requip + Neurontin

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
oaklander

Requip + Neurontin

Post by oaklander »

I have tried Requip twice, and both times experienced whole-body pains. I had the pains before Requip, but they got very bad when I was on Requip. I was taking about 1-1/2 mg Requip a day. So, doc took a CRP test ("CRP" test, tests inflammation) and I was off the charts, and she and my neuro thought it might be due to Requip. No one has been able to figure it out. As a test, I switched to Sinemet, and the pains virtually subsided, but RLS was worse (aargh...). So I went back on Requip for RLS, and the pains returned, naturally. My neuro thinks I might be one of a small percentage of people who experience pains using this drug; but I'm very sensitive to all meds, so no big surprise I guess. To combat the pains, tonight I took Neurontin (900 mg.) instead of Requip, but my legs went nuts when I tried to to to sleep, so I just got up and took .75 mg. Requip. So now I'm on both Neurontin and Requip. I really hope this works! Has anyone else out there had success with these two drugs together? Also, has anyone else experienced pains with Requip?

gsesock1

requip and neurotin

Post by gsesock1 »

I haven't taken Requip but I do take a similiar drug - Mirapex. Mirapex alone did not control my RLS and PLMD so they added neurotin. The mirapex and neurotin in combo has worked great for me. I had taken 2400mg of Nerotin alone and it didn't help but in combo with the MIrapex, I only have to take 300mg of the neurotin. So, hopefully the requip and neurotin combo will help you. I also add ultram when my pain gets really bad.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey All I too was taking mirapex and neurontin, I could not handel it. I had alot of side effects and it made my feet sizzle even more. I stopped the neurintin and cut way down on the mirapex 1mg at bedtime. So my coctail as of now is>>>>>> ULTRAM AS NEEDED 1MG MIRAPEX AT BEDTIME 1MG ZANAX AT BEDTIME. This seems to be working well for me at this time!!! I too am sinsative to meds and the higher doseages of these meds only made the rls worse. Good luck to you both, welcome to the forum~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae