Need anti-nausea med

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I honestly don't know if it's the antibiotics, but my symptoms definitely concur with the list given: nausea, diarrhea (oh my GOD the diarrhea), dizziness, fatigue. Of course, those are the same symptoms one gets with the flu, so who knows? It's a damned long flu, if that's what it is.

All I know is, right now I'm pretty pissed off that marijuana isn't legal. That, and the fact that I don't know anyone who can get me some of the illegal variety. :) Oh well, guess I'll just tough it out. The klonopin and ginger ale do help, at least.

9.5 more days...
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Be sure and get some good probiotics when the course of antibiotics is done, or just get some good yogurt to make your innards happy again.
Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Yeah, I know. My wife killed all the bugs in her GI tract a few years ago, so I know the drill. Definitely a good point to make, though.

At least it's easier to get probiotics now. At the time, she had to order them from Canada if she wanted anything other than what's in standard yogurt, which isn't enough.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.