Misery for the Uninsured (or underinsured)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It is so great when you get relief. I hope you find something that works for more than a day....and soon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

sarahjj, I'm smiling with you.......
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Excellent! Let's all hope that you start getting relief way more often.
Susan

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

Sarahjj, So glad you got some relief and were able to experience"real life" for a change. I'm taking Lyrica 150 mg 3 times a day. It truly has been a wonder drug. That combined w/ Oxycodone has saved me from alot of grief and symptoms. Hope things continue to improve for you. : )

sarahjj

Post by sarahjj »

Runkrun....doesn't the combination of Lyrica and Oxycodone make you really drowsy? Does that combination really take care of your daytime symptoms? How much Oxy do you take? Just curious because I would like to consult my doc with this. I do see improvement with the Lyrica, which tells me that there is hope here. But it needs to be tweaked more. Thanks for the info!!
~Sarah~

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

Sarahjj, I did'nt begin on the Oxycodone over night. I started w/ Norco 7.5/325 mg (1 or 2 ) every 4-6 hrs. When I went to Mayo to see Dr. Silber, he did'nt like the amount of Tylenol I was consuming so mg for mg switched me to Oxy. So you may want to start w/ the Norco. My RLS escalated over the past 4 yrs., therefore the need to increase the opiates. The Lyrica and opiates have been a great combo for me. I actually don't take my Lyrica during the day, it makes me too sleepy. I take 2 Lyricas at about 7 pm along w/ my Xanax and Oxy. This allows me to lie on the couch to watch T.V and sleep. If I have a really rough RLS morning, then I take the additional Lyrica. Good Luck on your doctors appt. Please keep me updated.