Bad night

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Bad night

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Having a bad night with my legs I am feeling awful just do not know what is happening to me why my health is getting worse.
I am seeing dr again next can't seem to keep away from the ds office.
My legs are hurting as is my Arthiritis. I am in a lot of pain and am taking co codomol 500mg but not sure if they are working properly.
I need something stronger hope dr will give me something especially for nightime otherwise my anxiety sets in.
I am in a complete mess and at the end of my thether.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I just can't take anymore.
Gill x

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes Gill, with chronic ongoing conditions like rls and arthritis we do seem to spend a lot of time at the doctor's office. However we are all looking for the best relief possible and the journey is often not straightforward. It is little wonder that we get anxious and feel at the end of our tether.

Please make sure you tell the doctor that you sometimes feel you cannot take any more. Things often seem more unbearable in the middle of the night.

Has your doctor suggested counselling. Are you on any medication for any depression or anxiety.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Gill, if things feel really low during the night and its like you are the only person suffering this way, just remember that we all reach out to you and understand how it feels.

Please know that anyone can ring the Samaritans at any time should you ever feel that this would help, you certainly would have nothing to lose. They are a very caring organization.

I think you live in the Liverpool area and so googled Samaritan information, including address and telephone.

The Samaritans
www.samaritans.org

25 Clarence Street
Liverpool L3 5TN

0151 708 8888

Best wishes
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Dear Gill,
Oh, I am so sad to hear you are still struggling so hard with your RLS and your arthritis and that everything hurts so much. That's not fair at all. I really hope your doc will throw in an extra kind of pill, maybe something to help you sleep at night or a tranquilizer, and also perhaps increase your dose of medicine or change types to something stronger. I know how the body can hurt so much, whenever I get low on one of my meds, the codeine stuff I take, I get the feeling that NO WAY could I live without all the drugs I have, so I think better drugs are definitely in order for you, let's hope the doc will do SOMEthing.

I went thru a rough period early on with all my bad health, and it took me a while to get the medicines I needed and an explanation of what was going on with me, and those were bad days indeed, I cried all the time. And I had never complained in all my years before that, and yet when I finally say a little something, I am IGNORED. I shall pray for you, dear one, that you get what you need. I'm glad you turned to us. Keep in mind if your RLS bothers you at nighttime, you can put on some knee-high support stockings and sometimes that will stop the jiggles long enough for you to fall asleep. Also, hot baths sometimes help on a temporary basis for things that hurt.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi Gill: I understand completely what you are going through. I would get on here (computer) all hours of the night. Standing up at the computer, crying and pour my heart out to people I knew understood. Because it seemed no one else did.

The only thing that would give me any relief, at that time. I am now on Mirapex and Klonopin. I would get in the bath tub with water as hot as I could stand it and sit, and the pain would let up. Sometimes I would even fall asleep in the tub. Sometimes I could go back to bed and go to sleep for awhile, other times the monster, RLS would come back.

The meds help so much. I hate the thought that they may stop working. But I will deal with that when it happens.

I hope you find some help, and some relief. Wish you the best. Will be thinking of you.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

badnights

Post by badnights »

I hope you're sleeping soundly right now... if you can't get it at night, take it whenever you can, is my philosophy.

Sounds like the codeine-based drug is not enough. Codeine is only a low potentcy opiod; you may need to move to something stronger like oxycodone, so be sure you tell him that what you;re on is just not strong enough

- and, as Polar Bear said, make sure you also tell that it's sometimes so horrible you feel like you can't take it anymore. Otherwise s/he may not realize how bad it is. Don't feel like you're complaining too much, and don't neglect to say it just because things are more bearable when you're actually in the dr's office. It's impt he know just how awful things get.