time for venting

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Wow, can I be George Clooney's love interest? :lol:

That dance is awesome! I want to learn it. Count me in one breaking into dance at a convention. Dancing is great for RLS, and it helps me a lot with my vertigo and balance issues.

RLS doesn't have a ribbon or symbol, come to think of it. We could use a ribbon and make the "legs" of the ribbon look like human legs. Make it some horrible color that makes people squirm...
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I could swear they had a pin....or maybe we just talked about it before? Like years ago?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, this link won't open - Some difficulty with the security certificate.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Just go ahead and bypass the security certificate - there's not anything wrong with the site and your PC will be OK.

Managing Your RLS

doety

duds

Post by doety »

well thanks, Ann, who knew? I guess I haven't explored the site nearly well enough. When I get on here I'm usually in a panic.
But I was thinking....do we really need to identify ourselves?? Aren't we always standing up, pacing, jumping around, going to lots of meetings and copying things that don't need copying??
Okay, I guess we do. Since we do all that stuff anyway, a sweatshirt might explain it or at least get people to inquire if our odd movements have anything to do with those letters.

Still, I want to do that dance!

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Wish I could dance again it would help the rls for sure.
These days I have a jacquzzi (spelt wrong) think i will
have one later.
Gill x

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you Ann. Merchandise looks good.
Pin to be ordered for sure.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Pin ordered. $5 for pin and $1.50 for fed ex shipping to the UK.
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

We could have our own day. Like now March 26 is purple day, an international epilepsy awareness day. We could take over some significant date ... the birthdate of Ekbom, or the date of founding of the RLSF...

But I think someone's idea, in another thread way back, of getting a celebrity with RLS to start yakking about it is viable. Assuming we'll never get a cute little kid like Purple Day has.

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Bethf
Good idea.
How are you keeping what meds did you say you are on.
Im not so sure about this mirapexin not liking the nausea one bit.
gill

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi gill. I'm well except I wish I could sleep more. I am taking hydromorphone, an opiod, and it works very well.
If your nausea doesn't go away in 2 weeks, maybe it won't and your doc might have to think of something else.
beth

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Taking the mirapex with food may help.
I take omeprazole which definitely helps tho it is for another condition. And perhaps you don't with to add another medication to the list :)
Betty

Scarlett46

Post by Scarlett46 »

Gill -
How long have you been taking Mirapex? Do you take it at night only?

Nausea and dissiness was terrible when I first started the Mirapex. It has gotten "better" over time, but hasn't completely gone. I only take it at night, so I've been adjusting the time that I take it with some success. The closer to bedtime that I take the Mirapex the better. If I take it and stay up for a while, it gets pretty bad. I've tried eating some toast or something but really the only thing that helps at that pont is to lie down and close my eyes and hope for sleep.
"After all... Tomorrow is another day!"

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Scarlet
Im not taking mirapex anymore didnt like the side effects.
Im thinking of buying The Circulation Booster have you heard of it.
Gill