New RLS study @ Hopkins

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
sugbrendas

New RLS study @ Hopkins

Post by sugbrendas »

I believe they are testing meds. I called and inquired because i'm flaring now.
It sounds like one of the drugs is Mirapex because when the interviewer noted I had just started the Mirapex she said thats one of the drugs...
She told me to give the Mirapex another month since I just began.

So if anyone wants more info let me know.

Brenda
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Brenda: What are they testing for. And does it sound like Mirapex is good or bad for RLS> Curious. Where did you get this information.? Let us know more when you find out.

Thanks. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Betty,

I don't know alot of details. I don't imagine they want to give out too much info since it is a study.
They did ask if I have any problems with Benadryl.

I live 5 minutes from Hopkins and there was a large ad in our local paper.

The # is 410-550-1046.

Here's what it says.

"Volunteers with Restless leg Syndrome who are being treated with medication are needed for a research study.
If you are over 18 years old you may be eligible to participate.
This study will observe changes in your symptoms and evaluate effectiveness of your current treatment over the next year.
You will be compensated up to $525 plus travel costs for completion of the study."

I spoke with Michelle, she said Dr Early was the medical officer in charge.

Brenda
Brenda

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I recieved the info packet and consent forms.

The 1st stage of the study doesn't look too bad but then theres the part you do at home with moniters on your legs and each night you must spend a hour stretching your legs in bed. I don't know if I can do that.

Brenda
Brenda

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I am going to contact the research people at Hopkins today. I don't know if my inability to take Mirapex will allow me to do the study or not.

It also may be too time consuming as I really need to get a job,part time.

Brenda
Brenda