Caffeine / coffee

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
xristina47

Post by xristina47 »

Hello Brenda,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she pulls through very soon. Good luck to you too, with your RLS. I think you deserve the coffee!
Best wishes, Christine

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Brenda, what a heartrending situation. How are you doing?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Thanks,
I am not doing as well as I can. Another huge problem right before this one. Actually 2 back to back.
It's just never ending with basically no support system..

Well, we're not going to do anything with mom yet. We'll give her a few more days.

Brenda
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Brenda - I heard a quote recently (Abraham Lincoln and/or King Solomon) it was along the lines of 'this too will pass'.

Please know we are thinking of you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I wish we could help. Life really is hard in situations like this. As PB said, this too shall pass, but when we're in the middle of it, it's hard to imagine how we can get through it, it takes our breath away.

{{{{{{{{{{Brenda}}}}}}}}}}}

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

(((((((Brenda))))))) Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I know how difficult life can be when things happen back to back, and no support system. Be gentle with yourself.
Susan

Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I have found that if I have having a particularly BAD night, one where it's about 3 or 4 am and the need to sleep is intense, but the torture is keeping me from sleeping....I make coffee and after a few sips, am out like a light! Go figure. I have no idea why this works for me. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I would have passed out from exhaustion anyway.

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

We took mom off of life support and she lasted a couple of days. Two days before she died she woke up and said I love You to all 3 of us.

Then that was pretty much it. We started her on a morphine drip and she went peacefully.

We buried her yesterday. She's 3 sites away from my brother,the apple of her eye. He passed away from a motorcycle accident 4 years next month.

I can only say I am exhausted but I know mom is now with my brother and her sister,mom and dad.

I see a new Neurologist tomorrow. .

My basic diet for the past 2+ weeks has been coffee. I need to get myself back together now.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry, Brenda. We all know it is part of the cycle of life, but that doesn't help me one bit! I'm glad she woke up and recognized you and the family.

Between the coffee, stress, and loss, I imagine your RLS is not being very nice.

Managing Your RLS