Click here for general information on how to best use this site, navigate, search, etc.
Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

So...I know if a topic has new posts because it's marked as such, but when I click on the topic it opens it to the first post, not the first *new* post. Is there a setting I am missing that will make it do that? I waste so much time trying to figure out where I left off reading in a given thread.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

There is no such feature that I know of. Sorry.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've not seen message board software that does that...it would be a nifty feature!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

ViewsAskew wrote:I've not seen message board software that does that...it would be a nifty feature!

Zetaboards default to that feature (although you can turn it off if you prefer). I think actually all the boards I have been a part of do that. Very strange that this board software programmer did not put that in! Oh well, my memory needs some practice anyway!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

This board software is quite old.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not sure I've use Zetaboards. None of the several boards I use have that feature...but it could also be a function of the version. This software hasn't been updated in quite awhile. For all I know, the more recent upgrades have that feature.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

I was perusing the boards this morning and noticed that if I click on the little arrow with the yellow page next to the title of the thread then it takes me to the first post that is new to me. Wahoo! :-)

This has probably been there the whole time but I'm glad I finally found it!
Tracy

badnights

Post by badnights »

Nice, chipmunk! Thanks!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Brilliant to have noticed this.... and I have been using it...

However.... I found that I missed quickly scanning over the earlier posts in the thread which reminded me of the content of the thread. When I took the route to the newest post, I needed to go back a couple of posts as a refresher.

Happily we can now use the route that suits us best. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation