death is the answer?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
peanut1

Re: death is the answer?

Post by peanut1 »

WOW this thread ROCKS!! I didn't read the entire forum, but I did read the first page and want to say: that several months ago (January) being an agnostic, I was trying to "make peace with god" because I knew it was only a matter of time before I was going to end it. I had planned how my pets would be taken care of, how the money would be divided etc. I felt trapped and powerless from this crap.. because I couldn't eat anything as it activated the WED, and it seemed like all the meds made the WED worse save for vicodin which I couldn't get a prescription for and Clonazepam which my brother recently passed away from a bad dosage. I also almost lost my job due to my "bad attitude" which I guess pales in comparison to the other. Out of desparation, I tried a naturopath who reved me up on a ton of supplements, triple does of this and that and I finally started to get some sleep. I have quit him since due to the cost involved and my MD (several of them) do not think it's wise to stay on that high of a dosage (50 pills.) So we'll see how that goes...... But badnights, I have been there and it's like walking a tightrope. I wish I knew what to say....

badnights

Post by badnights »

The responses I got after my first post here really saved me. "A permanent solution to a temporary problem" is a phrase that has stuck with me ever since. I have gone down again, though not that bad, and up again. It scares me how little a thing as someone smiling and saying hello can change my whole outlook from defeated to hopeful.

peanut, I hope you post here if you ever feel like that again! Just keep talking to us about your problems. If you're like me, there's no one else you can talk to who has more than a glimmering of understanding.

What an unnecessary tragedy that SO MANY of us sink into such despair! It's caused largely by neglect and ignorance. If only the entire medical profession, instead of just a few members, would recognize the grief caused by WED, and validate its treatment with whatever is needed, including opioids! A lot of that despair would be avoided then, because our physicians would be re-assuring us that there were drugs that would work, they would be writing notes for our employers explaining our lack of culpability for being unable to function properly, helping us fill out disability forms, understanding us. We would then have hope, and with hope, a person can carry on.

But lacking that, we give each other hope!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

I had told people before, but they didn't know what to say and some got freaked out--even one MD. Thankfully, that desperation passed and I'm calmer about this even though I lose my cool sometimes and start crying and screaming at night or even at the bus stop--like today. Thankfully, no one has hauled me off yet.

majoraward

Post by majoraward »

I finally told each doctor I have that I am depressed much of the time but it is justified. Clinical depression is a physical imbalance in your physical brain that does not go along with your reality. A person who should be perfectly happy isn't and meds work to get them back, sort of a mood reset. They can't reset me because I am normal but I happen to be in a living nightmare much of the time because I get no sleep and can't stop moving! Anyone would be down, in fact those who I have seen here are very strong mentally because we have been through hell and back many times. My doctors finally agreed that I was not clinically depressed, that my quality of life sucks much of the time. We actually are the over comers through huge affliction that makes it worse because it cannot be seen.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

With the suffering that WED inflicts on us, there would actually be something very wrong with us if we were not affected by depression/low mood at least some of the time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

very true, friends, very true.
I was told the same thing by a psychiatrist - "you're not depressed, because ..." well, I forget his exact words, but basically it was exactly what majoraward said:
They can't reset me because I am normal but I happen to be in a living nightmare much of the time because I get no sleep and can't stop moving!
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

mrsphillips610

Post by mrsphillips610 »

I have often felt this way. The feeling of "whats the point, anyway?" has crossed my mind more times than I can count. It was not related to RLS, but it was related to severe depression stemming from something that happened to me as a child.
I have attempted to take my life several times and truthfully have NO idea as to why or how I am even still here.
I can tell you that these feelings are temporary, but the time it takes to feel better again varies from person to person.

I don't care what your doctor told you...there are always things to try and always something that can be done to help you. It is a matter of finding someone who looks at you like a person and not as someone just trying to get doped up.
You have a real issue- RLS. It is real and you must find someone who is willing to go to whatever lengths to ensure that you do not feel this way. Until then...we are all here for you and hope that you know you can count on us to listen or even to offer advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

mrsphillips610 thanks for the comments and concern. this is really a nasty awful devastating disease to deal with. It is very commonly associated with depression. I used to think "of course a person gets depressed when they have this disease" but there are plenty of cases where the depression came first, so there is a link there that no one has quite figured out yet, between the two problems.

I hope you will do as I did and post here if you ever feel awful again.