blood clotts

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

Re: blood clotts

Post by rthom »

The plays are to teach folks how to help people with disabilities feel ok in society and especially the realities of gvmt programs and also how we can help give them work that is appropriate.--sounds preachy I know but really it's based in comedy

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm an artist too. I do oil paintings. I like to create other stuff too. I also sew, make quilts and embroidery. I wonder if there is any connection with WED ? Just a thought.

DEB

rthom

Post by rthom »

Curious

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A lot of us here are creative. It could be that we have more access to both sides of our brain for some reason. Could be we just need something to help us deal with the lack of sleep. Could be that most people are creative :-) and we just have time to work on it because we're not sleeping.

Jan - not here any longer - did several things including window quilts and is now writing children's books.

Becat painted and created custom Christmas trees (all decorated with a theme and everything made by her - I think I am remembering that correctly)

I had a stained glass and photography business - though now defunct; I also write and am now working on a cookbook - we've had some great and horrible meals here!

The list goes on and on :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

jumping in on the Canadian health care system. It differs quite a bit from province to province. We get pretty good health care in the NWT, a lot of it paid for if you're an NWT resident. I know lots of people in other provinces, including Ontario where rthom is, and I have never heard any story like yours before. I have never heard of that degree of neglect. I'm appalled. It's definitely not indicative of the system as a whole. Is it the Toronto area that's a problem? My parents were in the Ottawa area and had no such issues; now in PEI they are not having such issues. Brothers, sisters, friends all over, no such issues.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Just an update--the leg is looking better--the infection on the skin has improved, the wound has stopped bleeding almost completely and it does not bleed down the inside of the leg muscles at all I don't think. 90% sure it'll be just fine now--it'll still take a couple more months to heal but I'm not worried about that. (just hope the large lump goes away or subsides alot--it still makes it hard to sleep or stay asleep)
Thanks to everyone for the help and wel wishes --it was tough and you all helped me stay calmer.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I am very relieved. I was just wondering how you were. Continue to keep it clean and change the dressing. If there still is an area that is raw, a vasciline dressing will keep it from crusting over. Depends on how big it is. Apply vasciline, thin layer with a swab to a dressing, not the wound. Continue to change daily. But don't let it get too wet. If there is any white, then it's too wet.
DEB

rthom

Post by rthom »

Understood thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very good news, indeed!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

rthom, glad to hear that your wound is on the mend, and isn't it great to have debbluebird on hand.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Awesome news! :clap: :crazy: :thumbup: :-D

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's been awhile, how is your leg ?

rthom

Post by rthom »

Saw the Dr a few days ago--dr said it looks a lot better, (true), I got some medication for the exema around it, She said let it close, and as far as the itch from the seeping she prescribed a salve (pharmacy had to make it) that had mentholatum for the itch (and cortisone along with anti-bacterial and other stuff). I've never heard of using mentolatm for itch--you? She told me I'm likely to keep the lump in there as it dries out inside only a certain amount will be absorbed and the rest calcifies. She re-iterated that it will take months but she is pretty sure it's about as small as it's likely to become. All in all it's good news with a few inconvencies (spelling).

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

So glad it is getting better. Wounds like that can take months. Sorry you had this on top of everything else.