fluctuating eyesight

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

fluctuating eyesight

Post by rthom »

I hope i got the spelling right, but given all the other problems folks with WED have, are there a large # of folks whose eyes are just nt right for no good reason?

ViewsAskew

Re: fluctuating eyesight

Post by ViewsAskew »

No problems here - I mean I have crappy eyesight, but all fine with glasses.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

No eyesight problems caused by WED.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

ty wishfull thinking i guess--my eye dr can't find a problem yet I can't see the clock 10 ft away

rthom

Post by rthom »

it's pissing me off since i rely so heavily on it for my work

badnights

Post by badnights »

you mean you can see the letters on the eye chart, but not the numbers on the clock? How big are the numbers compared with the letters on the eye chart? Is it dark where the clock is? Is it only hard to see at certain times of day?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

No i cannot see the eyechart either--but when i saw the dr it wasn't as bad and the dr couldn't see a problem. I thought the fact that i couldn't see was the problem. In any case he couldn't help the-- non problem---. I don't understand.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Are you having headaches too? Slurred speech, numbness, sudden confusion, dizziness, trouble walking,sometimes it is a TIA, mini stroke. As well as blurred vision, double vision. Any of these, some of these.

But, lack of sleep can cause vision problems. That's probably the reason.

rthom

Post by rthom »

likely the lack of sleep,
i have confusion,memory loss, and some headaches-(some skin numbness on one side of my face but it omes and goes--my dr doesn't seem concerned). I used to wonder about mini strokes--but the dr just doesn't seem worried---so i figured it's WED mixed with the really high bp

I just hate not knowing--it's creapy. I also don't want my dr thinking i'm a hypochondriac. Then i'd never get my wed meds. :(

badnights

Post by badnights »

It's depressing for doctors to not know how to fix things. When they get information about all the major and minor symptoms you experience, they have to try to sort it into relevant to a particular disease they know you have , or not relevant; possibly important or probably not; something they can fix, or something you just have to live with.

Sometimes there are 4 or 6 different things that could cause your symptom, but he won't mention any of them because none are life threatening and he is filled with other things that need fixing in you.

Sometimes we as patients have to do the sorting, or help with the sorting, by only bringing up the most important issues. That's walking a fine line, I realize - how are we to know that a minor but weird symptom is not the key to solving a major issue? Usually it's not. If I can live with it, it goes to the bottom of the list, and I ask about it only if I have time in the appt. I usually dont.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

I agree, turns out the high bp in my case can cause the eye problems---changes the shape of the veins in the eye or something. But I had to keep asking to find that out--not likely the problem in my case but still, the concept is the same--so is it part of the adrenal tumor thing? Who knows.

badnights

Post by badnights »

crap. I hope it's not serious.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Yah, bottom ine is, I just want to be able to see better again--demanding arn't I lol