Neupro Patch

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jlane

Re: Neupro Patch

Post by jlane »

Jakesmom
I received your message, but still do not have the capability to reply. Is there someone reading this message that could help change my settings? In the FAQ section, it says if you do not have the capability to send messages, to contact an Administrator of this site, but when I click on the Administrators, it will not let me contact them either. Thank you to anybody who can help!

jlane

Post by jlane »

Jakesmom,
I am ok with that. Still cannot send messages. Thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

jlane, I checked your administrative privileges and you are set to be able to send and receive Private Messages.

What is it that you can't do?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jlane

Post by jlane »

Views Askew
Thank you for checking. Earlier today it would not let me send messages. When I went to Compose Message, it stated that I had not participated enough to be able to send private messages. But I am guessing 3 posts is the magic number, because as soon a I posted the last time, when I went to my messages, it let me reply & also Compose New. So I am good, and again, I really appreciate you looking into this for me.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I thought I remembered a minimum number of posts - by the time I checked you'd already made them :-).

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Thank you views askew.

Debrasuzan

Post by Debrasuzan »

I will be anxious to learn if they approved your disability. You definitely should be approved. Your situation sounds similar to mine. I am recovering from a knee replacement and dread having to return to work. My boss is young and basically makes fun of my health issues or acts like they don't exist. I am not a person that talks about my health at work. I keep my nose to the grind stone. It is so bad at work that my boss is taking all the steps to fire me. I have worked there for 25 years and have always received "exceeds expectations" on my evaluations. According to my current boss, I can't do anything right.
I can retire with full benefits in Sept of 2015. I just need to keep a job until then. I am looking into disability as an option. I am open to any suggestions from all of you.

Will be ready to celebrate with you, when you get APPROVED!

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Check the requirements for disability in your state. From what I was reading earlier, it would be easier to go for a claim under mental rather than physical. Speaking only for myself, my mental state is not what it was 5 years ago. I have to write down everything. I am blessed that my co workers like me because they have to repeat a sentance 3-4 times so I can write or type it. They finish my sentances when my brain can't find the word I want to use. Without them, I would be unemployed. My mental limitations would be the reason I consider disability, but I am only 44, so unless I change meds and get more sleep, I foresee it getting worse.

pamndorr

Post by pamndorr »

Debrasuzan...I am still waiting to hear back from them. They said about a month and today is 3 weeks since the hearing. I am still crossing fingers that this judge understood what I was trying to tell him. If he denies it there is another appeal process to go through.
Not sure of your age but they say that once you hit 50 the odds of you getting hired in someplace and being able to learn a new job decrease with each year. I am going to be 55 this year so I am hoping he takes that into consideration...and I know I can not learn a new job now....I can't rememeber half the stuff from the old one.
I stuck it out with my employeer too....until they fired me. I thought they understood what was happening and for the most part I guess they did...but when I couldn't do what they wanted on a certain day and doc was in a crabby mood...they fired me. I drew unemployment after that and I applied for disabiltiy about a year after I was fired. The judge asked me about that too...what I had planned on doing if I had found a job...I told him I was going to try and see if I could do the job but nobody would hire me..then the attorney told him I had gotten worse over the last couple years while waiting for this hearing. I will let you know what happens when I hear something.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My disability was based on mental. From what I just read about both of you, it's exactly what happened to me. My memory started to go down hill very rapidly. But it seemed to start about 2 years before that. I was fired from my job. I applied for disability right away. They gave me a "mental" exam for at least an hour. I got it six months later. I was 60 at the time. I believe the memory loss is contributed by my medications and sleep loss. At the time they had me on a lot of meds. I was a walking zombie. My memory still hasn't improved, even though I'm on fewer meds.

pamndorr

Post by pamndorr »

I won...I get my disability. I got it due to the WED and the crappy drugs that I have to take to control it and mental issues...depression.
It also says in there that I had tried to stay employeed as long as I could before I was fired. It stated that I had cut my hours back little by little over the years until they fired me.
It also say that in 24 months they want to re-evaluate me and see where I am at that time. I have no problem with that at all. Nothing I would like better then to get to where I can function like a normal person and go to work each day.
So I am so thrilled that I was given a chance to tell the judge how this disease has changed my life...maybe I have opened the door for the next WED sufferer to get disablity....I hope so.
Now I get to go see a new doctor on Monday. I am going to a different primary since the other one told me he had no idea how to treat me and he new nothing about the drugs I need. I think he just didnt want a complicated case. I hope this new doctor is a bit more open and interested in learning a few things about WED. I am going to ask him how he feels about working with Dr. B...if that is where I end up...and I am thinking it is where I am heading as soon as we get back on our feet.
I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can breath a little bit better now.
Well gotta run....I told all of you before I even called my husband or mom to tell them....everybody on here has helped me in so many ways to get through some tough times....I hope I can return the favor one day.
Have a great weekend....

rthom

Post by rthom »

Amazing news pamndorr, I am so glad you got it! Have a great weekend, and thanks for letting us all know.

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Wonderful news pamndor !!!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is really great news. It must be a HUGE relief, too.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Excellent news. Enjoy your weekend. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation