My Sister

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
debbluebird

My Sister

Post by debbluebird »

My sister died today. I knew it was going to happen, just not so soon. She developed a brain tumor last April. Presented with a little stroke. Went through surgery, chemo, etc. Did find for awhile, but was never quite the same. I feel very close to all of you, so that's why I'm telling you. I can't seem to stop crying. She was my older half sister. She was 18 years older than me. We had our Father in common. We really didn't get to know one another until 1996. Our Aunt would tell me that I should get to know her because we were so much alike. I truely enjoyed these few years that we had together.

ViewsAskew

Re: My Sister

Post by ViewsAskew »

How wonderful that you had this time together. It's nice when things like that work out.

You must miss her tremendously, I imagine. It is so painful to lose people we love. I can't say anything to make it better - but am thinking of you and sending e-hugs {{{{{ }}}}}}
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Wow, this is very hard. I grew up never knowing my family and I am so happy for you that you got some good quality time with an important part of yours--it can help fill that void one feels without family. Keep your fond memories close to your heart in these hard times and let us know what you need, we are here for you and truely care. I'm sorry for your pain, wish we could take it away,

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

A very sad day......of course you are crying..
When I miss someone I look at the brightest star I can find, and think of a happy memory.
(((((( hugs ))))))
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Debrasuzan

Post by Debrasuzan »

I am so sorry. I am new to this site but reading about this tugged my heart strings. Be gentle with yourself these next few weeks and listen to what your body is telling you. It is okay to grieve - and healthy to do so - and then focus on the blessing she was and the happy memories you made that will be with you forever.

badnights

Post by badnights »

well said, debrasuzan. How fortunate, deb, that you got to know her, when the whole opportunity might so easily have slipped you by. Love always. {{{{{{{{{{debbluebird}}}}}}}}}}
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

pamndorr

Post by pamndorr »

I am so sorry for your loss. I say go ahead and cry..you lost an important part of your life and it only makes sense that you are crying. I just try to go minute by minute after losing somebody I love..pretty soon those minutes turn to hours then days and weeks.
Just remember to take care of yourself during this time too and remember memories are a wonderful thing and you will always have those. Hugs