mothers day and tough times.

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
rthom

Re: mothers day and tough times.

Post by rthom »

I get frustrated sometimes because it has too easily in our family become about my lack of sleep or whateve--instead of some things being about one person's choices and something else about me or mine, then another about my wife etc....
I hate that it has become the catch all for every stress in the family. My son behaves like a jerk and it's because I'm too sensitive and can't take it--not that he should be a better person, etc... It has gotten a lot worse and instaed of things being made to be easier on me because I am not well, it has become harder because everything has been dumped in my lap, so to speak.
I had assumed that it happens to everyone here, but now I'm curious---does it?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am very sorry that you find yourself in this long time situation. And I cannot say that it happens to everyone, what I can say is that we are all different, in different relationships, and behind closed doors, no-one... absolutely no-one knows how we all behave or are treated, or treat others. Some of us will have wives, husbands, kids, or know of friends who have (grown) kids, wives or husbands who don't behave as they should. What we can't be is constantly responsible for everyone's happiness, neither can we always be the object of everything that goes wrong. You will know this yourself.

I'd suggest a little walk and a lunch and hope for a pleasant mother's day. Enough to show that you want to make an effort without being overwhelming.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I have zero thoughts on gifts, and I'm really impressed at the range of excellent ideas presented here! Wow!

It has gotten a lot worse and instaed of things being made to be easier on me because I am not well, it has become harder because everything has been dumped in my lap, so to speak. I had assumed that it happens to everyone here, but now I'm curious---does it?
I have found - I hate to be negative, but I have found that sometimes when you're down, other people pack around you like dogs around a wounded rabbit and start tearing chunks out of you. I can't explain it. I am sure I have never done nor will ever do such a thing, but I have seen it happen to others and to myself, and I'm at a loss to explain what prompts it, or what might protect from it.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

They also seem to do the things you are bothered by most--like the most painfull, or upsetting etc. even though they were just told it is a problem or not to, i find.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

When feeling really awful, for whatever reason, I like to be on my own, like a puppy licking his wounds.
Now..... is that because I don't want to be a nuisance, or because I can't be bothered with anyone, or because I don't like a fuss making me centre of attention. I don't know.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation