A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rthom

Re: A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

Post by rthom »

we're with you, take care.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:we're with you, take care.

Thanks!

It looks like sleeping until 3:20am didn't happen. I got up around midnight, went back to bed and woke up for the last time at 2:10am and went and got ready for work. It is the RLS symptoms which shouldn't be bothering me if pramipexole were working. I was a little hesitant (understatement) to do this detoxification (not sure what to call it) and making excuses in my mind like maybe it wouldn't ever happen again (augmentation) so it is a good thing the problems start up again on the eve of doing this. Now I know for sure that the last 6 weeks of the medications working wasn't going to continue. It lasted a month the time before so there was a hint of the possibility in the back of my mind that maybe if I was very good (maybe a childhood thing) that it (the monster of RLS) wouldn't rear its ugly head again.

I took my morning pills already because of the symptoms so I take a heap of vitamins and minerals and the lone 1/2 .25mg tab of methadone and begin the ordeal (no Lyrica :( ) . I do have a little over 4 hours of vacation so if it does bother me I could go home at 9am (I start at 5am). You are not really suppose to use vacation like that without letting management know first but they know I have no sick leave. I am going to try to stay the 8 hours though, I might need that vacation time when I return to work.

I am at the point now that if this does not work I am going to work until it happens again and then retire. I can't afford to do it, I just don't have enough years with the company but I don't care anymore. I can take the retirement that gives me the max amount for 5 years and then it is much lower after that, but by then social security would kick in too. It would pay for our house and very little more so I would have to do other work and my wife would either have to continue to work or retire too. It is a bad situation, might even have to go bankrupt but no one is giving us any choice in the matter. If the insurance company would have kept up their end of the bargain and paid my short term disability then I might have gotten long term disability, but whatever.

I got extremely angry the other day while I was talking to human resources and one of the employees told me she was going to put in for me for everything again and try to get it all retroactive back. I guess they are aware that the insurance company sucks too and they are eventually going to drop them and find another company. I told them it wasn't the insurance company that was responsible but our company, that they are ultimately responsible because the insurance company works for them. While they got a little upset, I guess they think so too. It is too much to even entertain the possibility of getting the money, especially retroactively, so I will assume that it won't happen - if it does happen that would be like winning the lotto or something :lol:

Lately I continue to hear how people are being screwed over by insurance companies and the people they are hurting are the people that need the help the most. There is something terribly wrong with society when it comes down to putting dollar figures on a persons life. The insurance companies seem to keep telling us that we are just account numbers and it is a win for them if they keep the premiums coming without paying out anything. I shouldn't say lately though because clear back in 1985 my step-dad died at home. They found him suffocated, sitting with the phone in his hand calling 911, from his phlegm because he had pneumonia. A few days before, because he was retired and on medicare, they sent him home from the hospital because they wouldn't pay for him to be there even though he was obviously extremely sick. So the government insurance killed him (and saved some money too).

rthom

Post by rthom »

What about getting a lawyer to help get your money?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm wondering how you got on during the night.
Good luck today.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I tried getting lawyer before they want $50,000 minimum to take case. No upfront money but they want 30% of outcome so $150,000 minimum lawsuit. Bloodsuckers. No Lyrica since about 5:30 last night and it makes a lot of difference I am having symptoms at work but I will be out of here and home in 2 hours so I will be ok.

rthom

Post by rthom »

That sucks, wow what a racket eh?

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:That sucks, wow what a racket eh?

Yes, very true.

It is only 6:15 pm and I am having trouble sitting, I took my nighttime medicine already about 45 minutes ago and I don't think it is helping much. It can't be this bad already, I just haven't taken Lyrica since last night and I have already been up pacing and will return to it just after sending the submit button lol

rthom

Post by rthom »

I'm with you tonight. My symptoms are horrible already tonight.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I am getting tinnitus very bad, I'm itchy, hot and cold, and it feels like RLS symptom as far having to move but it is a bit different. I wish I could explain it, but I can't at the moment. I am able to sit again but (I just fell asleep for maybe a minute) sleeping makes the symptoms much worse when I wake. I have this general feeling of not feeling right, I'm dizzy and groggy (I fell asleep again for another minute or so). The whole thing is like a type of madness I guess. I can't believe it is happening already. It has been about 29 hours since I had Lyrica - I don't think it is just RLS, it has to be withdrawals also at same time. I am eating like crazy, about the only thing that brings enjoyment except maybe writing this - keeps me a little more sane. My eyes are tearing up, what fool would knowingly take Lyrica with crazy withdrawals like this?

Fell asleep again for another moment, I know because my fingers continue to press the keys and I wake to 4 or 5 rows of the same letter across the screen. (Fell asleep yet again). Not like I could go to be though, it is in my arms, I can feel it within. A dog barking just scared the hell out of me, a dog who lives next door is barking and howling like crazy. (Woke up again). I feel a little nauseous dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Example of text above, just fell asleep again. I'm just really floored by this, how could it be so bad?

rthom

Post by rthom »

Are you sure the withdrawal is only from the Lyrica and not the Kraytom for eg, or other things? It sounds to me like some nasty withdrawal symptoms. Hope it eases soon for you.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:Are you sure the withdrawal is only from the Lyrica and not the Kraytom for eg, or other things? It sounds to me like some nasty withdrawal symptoms. Hope it eases soon for you.

I gave up on all of that several months ago, it has to be the Lyrica. It is bad I think because it is both RLS and withdrawals.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ee - long ago I went through withdrawal of a benzo while going through withdrawal from pramipexole. It was NOT fun. The least fun I've ever had, just about. I kept having this weird pain in my pelvis - in the bones. They hurt so much. Along with vomiting, nausea, sweats and chills, etc.

Hang in there. You can do it. It's funny, while I intellectually remember what I went through, I have no physical memory of it. So, I guess we so forget things.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:Ee - long ago I went through withdrawal of a benzo while going through withdrawal from pramipexole. It was NOT fun. The least fun I've ever had, just about. I kept having this weird pain in my pelvis - in the bones. They hurt so much. Along with vomiting, nausea, sweats and chills, etc.

Hang in there. You can do it. It's funny, while I intellectually remember what I went through, I have no physical memory of it. So, I guess we so forget things.

Yeah, we forget the bad stuff :lol: Also doesn't help that I have been taking Lyrica for years at 150mg in morning and 150mg in evening.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I keep smelling this odor like a type of flower but I am pretty sure it is not real, a little annoying, but the tinnitus is REALLY annoying. I have to go for lab work tomorrow morning, among other things Dr Earley wants to know what my iron levels are after having the 3 infusions months ago. My wife will have to take me, I won't be able to drive like this.

rthom

Post by rthom »

EeFall wrote:Yeah, we forget the bad stuff :lol: Also doesn't help that I have been taking Lyrica for years at 150mg in morning and 150mg in evening.

Ah now that makes more sense.