A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

Post by Polar Bear »

This is wonderful.. it's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - or more realistically you practically had to crawl over hot coals to get to the pot and the end. And to be working when you were thinking of any way that you could cope without working.
This is hope indeed for anyone considering coming off a DA.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Good or you eefall!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

How wonderful ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:had to crawl over hot coals to get to the pot and the end.

:lol: You are so right, but I am so glad now that I stuck it out :D

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

:clap: :thumbup: and kudos to my support group here that has helped me get through this. Thank you!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

First day back at work and it went great! I slept 5 1/2 hours last night because I didn't go to bed until 10 pm. I'm just not used to going to bed at 8 or 8:30 but I guess I can work on that. I did use the little ear thingy while driving to work and back that alerts me if I fall asleep. I am still a little nervous since my accident. You would think with 9 days in a row of sleep that I would be totally okay now but I think it took me a whole week to get back to fairly normal and 5 1/2 hours really isn't enough sleep.

While off of work I was looking around for my copies of the extended versions of Lord of the Rings and they never showed up here from when we moved last year. I'm thinking the movers may have stolen them, but I guess I will never know. I looked on Amazon though and a new Blu-Ray extended version came out in 2012 and it has 15 dvd's. 6 are the movies and the rest are extra stuff like the making of the movies. Wow! I watched the last movie, The Return of the King first and then watched the extra dvd's just for that movie and it must have been 10 or 12 hours of stuff. I thought it said 24 hours extra for everything but it must be more.

Last night I stayed up until 10 pm to watch the last disk of the Two Towers so that is why I went to bed late :D
Last edited by EeFall on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

So glad you are able to go back to work. I'm doing ok. I'm sleeping in 2 hour increments, which isn't too bad. I usually don't have to wait too long before I can go back to sleep. So I end up with about 6 to 7 hours. I think that after I am all healed from my surgeries my legs will be better. That's what happened when I had my knees done. I am just waiting for the days to go by until Friday.

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

Hey EeFall, I was thinking about you all day, hoping that going back to work was fine. I'm so glad you posted and let us know. All the best to you,

Mary

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

See me smiling :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

EeFall wrote:
debbluebird wrote:Just tell me where I can stuff it if you want to. :-?

:lol:

Actually the real problem I'm having is I mispelled Strategy at the beginning of this thread and I can't fix it :oops:

One of the mods can fix it for you if you'd like us to.

I'm so happy that you are doing so well. :D This thread is great for those of us going through med changes to see that you went through hell and made it to the other side. Amazing.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

debbluebird wrote:So glad you are able to go back to work. I'm doing ok. I'm sleeping in 2 hour increments, which isn't too bad. I usually don't have to wait too long before I can go back to sleep. So I end up with about 6 to 7 hours. I think that after I am all healed from my surgeries my legs will be better. That's what happened when I had my knees done. I am just waiting for the days to go by until Friday.

Are your WED symptoms getting worse from the hip surgery? It seems to be the case sometime (maybe from the blood loss or meds or stress--who knows why) anyway I'm glad if you aren't having that problem. If you find you are maybe it can be used to help you figure out what aggravates your WED. For instance if you get bad symptoms maybe get your iron and ferritin checked and see if it has changed as a result of the surgery--then you will know what to expect for the next surgery. If you do find it lower and you get something done or it, and it helps at all, then it might give you a direction to look in general too. Make sense--or just sound like a long winded run-on sentence??
Good luck in any case. :mrgreen:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:So glad you are able to go back to work. I'm doing ok. I'm sleeping in 2 hour increments, which isn't too bad. I usually don't have to wait too long before I can go back to sleep. So I end up with about 6 to 7 hours. I think that after I am all healed from my surgeries my legs will be better. That's what happened when I had my knees done. I am just waiting for the days to go by until Friday.

Great that you are sleeping and hoping that your surgeries go well. My wife's broken leg never really healed completely, now they think maybe there is a problem with her foot, maybe even a broken bone :roll: They want to wait a month before they do anything - doctors :shock:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

jul2873 wrote:Hey EeFall, I was thinking about you all day, hoping that going back to work was fine. I'm so glad you posted and let us know. All the best to you,

Mary

Thank you! I'm headed for bed and it is about 9:40 pm so I'm trying to get to bed earlier.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:See me smiling :-).

:lol: 8)

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Chipmunk wrote:
EeFall wrote:
debbluebird wrote:Just tell me where I can stuff it if you want to. :-?

I'm so happy that you are doing so well. :D This thread is great for those of us going through med changes to see that you went through hell and made it to the other side. Amazing.

It was worth it! :!: :lol: :D