Having Hip Surgery

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
debbluebird

Re: Having Hip Surgery

Post by debbluebird »

I had my hip surgery yesterday. I am fine today. They have internet in the room ! I was pretty miserable last night. It has been better today. They got me up twice and I was able to walk down the hall the second time. I am trying to get into a rehab hospital, maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
My legs have been quiet. The pain was what kept me up last night. I did end up sleeping 3 hours, then up an hour or so and then another 2 hours.
So I'm ok.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Good to hear you are doing ok, hope you keep up the quiet legs and improvement!! 8) :mrgreen:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for letting us know. It's good to hear all went well. Hope the legs stay quiet.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I had my hip surgery yesterday. I am fine today. They have internet in the room ! I was pretty miserable last night. It has been better today. They got me up twice and I was able to walk down the hall the second time. I am trying to get into a rehab hospital, maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
My legs have been quiet. The pain was what kept me up last night. I did end up sleeping 3 hours, then up an hour or so and then another 2 hours.
So I'm ok.

:clap: :thumbup: :wave: :-D
I hope you have a speedy recovery and get home soon!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

During the night my other hip started hurting and that triggered my WED/PLMD. Had to sit on the edge of the bed three times. Also walked a little. The the pain in that hip got bad. Worse than the right hip ever got. I hope that's not how it's going to be for the next three months whlle I recover.
Today I find out whether I can go to the special rehab. Crossing my fingers.
So I am relly tired this morning. Pain is better and my eyes are closing......

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's too bad they can't do them at the same time - but I guess that would be hard for many reasons. Also hope the paid won't be that bad - it will be tough to get through.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

The first few days will be hard to tell what's going on. A few bad nights might happen, but things should settle down as your body recovers from the surgery. I am glad it's over with, and wish my hardest for you to have as pain-free and WED-free a recovery as possible!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:During the night my other hip started hurting and that triggered my WED/PLMD. Had to sit on the edge of the bed three times. Also walked a little. The the pain in that hip got bad. Worse than the right hip ever got. I hope that's not how it's going to be for the next three months whlle I recover.
Today I find out whether I can go to the special rehab. Crossing my fingers.
So I am relly tired this morning. Pain is better and my eyes are closing......

How are you doing?
Did you get the rehab?
Is pain better?
How long will you be in hospital?
How is the RLS doing?

:wave: :thumbup: :)

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird,

Get well soon!
I hope you are doing better.
:wave: :crazy: :wave: :crazy: :wave:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I a couple of hours ago I was on this page and started writing something and then I woke :lol: Third night in a row that Gabadone worked!

I hope that you are recovering nicely! :clap:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Just got home today. I've been in rehab. I didn't have computer access there. My new right hip is doing fine. Not much WED. Just a little, then went away. Left hip gave me fits for first three nights. Horrible pain, then WED/PLMD, but none since. I've been taking a Vicoden every 4 hours, plus a Methadone 5 mg about 6 pm, and 10 mg about 8 pm. I started out dividing the 8 pm dose, then ended up adding the 6 pm and just taking the 10 mg when they gave it to me. I'm sure all of this pain medicine has quieted my legs down. I only have a weeks worth of the vicodin, so I will wean off of that. I'm only going to take 2 Methadone tonight instead of three and see what happens. I'll take the second dose later than I was in the hospital. Of course I had several hours of driving today. So I will see how it goes. I have to do the hip exercises every day and walk. I will have hip precautions for 3 months, no bending less than 90 degrees, no crossing of legs and no pointing of the toes inward. I am very glad to be home. They were wonderful at the hospital, not so great at the rehab. I'm sure they were glad to be rid of me. Being a nurse, I don't make a very good patient. They only made two mistakes with my blood pressure med and I caught it. It served its purpose. Now it's up to me to follow through.
How is everyone doing ? It will take me awhile to catch up on the threads.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Great to see you back, and doing ok. Talk to you later. :mrgreen:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yay! You're home and don't have WED!!!!!!! Sounds like the surgery was a success. Here's looking forward to the next one - I bet you'll feel great once you have them both done.

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Glad you are home and recovering and without WED symptoms!

I'm up so late because of stomach ache, I sound like a little kid :lol:

:clap: :wave: :-D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

debbluebird, its so good to hear that everything has gone so well for you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation