anybody tried quietude?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

anybody tried quietude?

Post by rthom »

Anybody heard anything about this? What it is etc.

Polar Bear

Re: anybody tried quietude?

Post by Polar Bear »

Never heard of this. I did a search on it and nothing relevant came up.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

it's in the bedtime stories in the new nightwalkers magazine.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Found it, I hadn't just reached the end of the mag. :)

Did you google it?
I see it costs about $6 for 60.
I've never had much luck with herbal properties but at that price you haven't much to lose by trying it.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

yes, but I believe that just because it's herbal doesn't mean it is a safe thing for everyone. So I like to see what others have experienced with it.

aveerik

Post by aveerik »

I also saw this in the magazine. I love the name, I would love it to be user id name for everything because it has a beautiful name. After having only one really good day after taking the RLSolution from Western Reserve labs I must say I am not as quick to jump on that band wagon.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

aveerik wrote:I also saw this in the magazine. I love the name, I would love it to be user id name for everything because it has a beautiful name. After having only one really good day after taking the RLSolution from Western Reserve labs I must say I am not as quick to jump on that band wagon.

I've tried multiple things over the years - I've yet to have exemplary results with anything that people have recommended. The issue, I think, is that for these things to work, the person taking them needs to have this exact deficiency - so magnesium works for those who lack it, same for calcium, and so on. I've tried every vitamin and mineral...nothing. The Western Reserves made me sleepy - but could have been coincidence - it did not help the WED. The only thing we've ever talked about that has helped - and it was not enough to remove strong symptoms - was the D-Ribose - and that could have been my imagination! It helped with mild symptoms during the day. Could be that distraction was enough.

Our symptoms are very similar to pain in that they are influenced by our level of distraction - we take away focus, it gets better. All we think about, it likely gets worse. This makes it very hard to determine what really affected the symptoms - the thing we took for it, how we thought the thing we took worked, and if the act of taking it distracted us and allowed us to "set it aside" for awhile.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

aveerik wrote:I also saw this in the magazine. I love the name, I would love it to be user id name for everything because it has a beautiful name. After having only one really good day after taking the RLSolution from Western Reserve labs I must say I am not as quick to jump on that band wagon.

Is this (RLSolution from Western Reserve labs) the Quietude ?

aveerik

Post by aveerik »

It is not the same thing as Rlsolution from Western Reserve. It is a homeopathic sleep aid.

rthom

Post by rthom »

TY

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So, Quietude is homeopathy. To my knowledge, no one has yet proven that homeopathy works. To create it, they take something that would make us sick (and for WED, I have no idea what that is), and dilute it. But, they often dilute it to the point that not even one molecule of the item they add is actually present in the treatment. In one example I saw, only 1 in 5 bottles of the treatment - 20% - actually had any of the active ingredient.

I haven't a clue if it works on not. As a general rule, I do not try homeopathic remedies, simply because they are almost never tested to see if they work. I don't believe only pharmaceuticals can work, but I do want things I ingest to be tested. I find it offensive that companies can (and do) sell items without ANY testing to ensure the public that they work. It might work, but many of these things do not.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.