Just a little post about a new releif for my legs

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
michelenebelung

Just a little post about a new releif for my legs

Post by michelenebelung »

Thank goodness for my dog. He has been a life savior to me as well. See he's a English Mastiff and although he's small for his breed he still weighs 150 lbs. he has learned that when he lays on my legs of a night time I get releif from the pressure. He has picked up my release of tension and now it's just what he does every night. I have become so used to him laying on my legs I miss it when he is outside or doing his own thing. He has noticed me become very sick and weak I guess over the past year. He knows something is up so much that when I go to the restroom hes laying on my feet. When I take a bath he's still laying right next to the tub. He probably get in but we both wouldn't fit. When I leave he lays at the door till I return, even if my hubby if still sleeping and he could go back to bed with him. I love him so much and him helping my legs not hurt is just one more reason why he is so special to me.

rthom

Re: Just a little post about a new releif for my legs

Post by rthom »

That is so great, I have a Boerboel (an African mastiff), she too is very sensitive to my needs when things are bad. Yesterday I had an old friend stop by that she has never met--and instinctively she started lining herself up to assist the lady up and down stairs etc. Mastiffs are such an emotional breed, if they are positive--they are truly the best you can hope for in a friend/dog. :mrgreen:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I babysat for a family who had an English Mastiff - his name was Flash. He adored me. He sat by me, followed me around, and was sooooo sweet. I haven't thought of Flash in a long while - nice memory.

You are both so fortunate to have such good buddies.

Oh - just thought of something. Since you like pressure (many people do), have you tried surgical stockings? They are enormously helpful to people who like that firm pressure.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

I really am lucky to have mine and brag on her often (was today in 2 different stores--lol) I am so proud of her and feel fortunate she joined our family. She was slated to be destroyed and deemed unrecoverable by 2 vets and the local humane society. When I got her she would not even stand up--just laid on her belly and dragged herself around if it was necessary to move---now she is the best part of my life--for me and my mental health--otherwise of course my wife is the =best--you get it I'm sure.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Wow what lovely dog stories. What a sweet thing, to have your dog take care of your legs. If I ever have a choice (not now, my own sweet dog is still with me) I may look for a mastiff
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

You don't necessarily have to get a mastiff - our Chinook is 85 lbs and he loves to be a lap dog, lol! We just got a new puppy - he's 7.5 lbs and I can barely feel him sitting on my lap. But so sweet!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.