Beard and Retirement

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
EeFall

Beard and Retirement

Post by EeFall »

A few bits of my life to share. I'm growing a beard lol

My wife has finally decided to retire from working in a supermarket after 15 years. I just read over the papers and she put them in envelope to send tomorrow. Her last day will be the end of month. I am really happy for her. The last straw was a manager who gave her crap about calling in sick, and she was very sick. She was a pricing manager at the last couple of stores and even helped open new stores. She takes a non-management job cause it was closer to home and they made the mistake of treating her badly...

Polar Bear

Re: Beard and Retirement

Post by Polar Bear »

Growing a beard - way to go !!!
I hope your wife enjoys being retired - I certainly do. She will float through the rest of the month as the last day gets closer and closer.

A little story - My husband retired from work. At that time I was still working. A week or so later he phoned me and said.... "I have something to tell you" And he went on to tell me that he had bought a motor cycle. OMG, I just went silent.... and then asked him was he wise in the head. He replied that it was something he always wanted. I suggested that he might have discussed it with me and it was only when he realised how cross I was getting that he admitted... Well, actually he didn't buy a motor cycle but he did buy a guitar :lol:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I bet your beard will be great. Even though my retirement was forced, I'm happy about it now. I do more things now that are more enjoyable. I hope she loves it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope it turns out well for her. Sometimes you just can't keep banging your head!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Growing a beard - way to go !!!
I hope your wife enjoys being retired - I certainly do. She will float through the rest of the month as the last day gets closer and closer.

A little story - My husband retired from work. At that time I was still working. A week or so later he phoned me and said.... "I have something to tell you" And he went on to tell me that he had bought a motor cycle. OMG, I just went silent.... and then asked him was he wise in the head. He replied that it was something he always wanted. I suggested that he might have discussed it with me and it was only when he realised how cross I was getting that he admitted... Well, actually he didn't buy a motor cycle but he did buy a guitar :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that story. He did the switch-a-roo. You were probably really relieved when he just bought a guitar.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I bet your beard will be great. Even though my retirement was forced, I'm happy about it now. I do more things now that are more enjoyable. I hope she loves it.

I hope she loves it too. We mailed the forms Saturday in the drive-up mailbox at the post office. I did the drum roll and we high-fived. The beard is probably not so great by I have vowed to myself not to cut it until 2014 to give it a chance (I have trimmed it a bit though).

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I hope it turns out well for her. Sometimes you just can't keep banging your head!

Plus real pain in her leg. It turned out she actually did break her leg in 2 places a few inches above her ankle. Her job involves a lot of standing which just makes it worse.