RLS and TENS... my story

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Nikita

Re: RLS and TENS... my story

Post by Nikita »

I have a TENS style unit. I purchased it as a Groupon deal. I bought it when I anticipated an international flight (it's delayed, so I haven't been able to see if it provided relief from long flights) I talked to a vocational therapist and she said it is very important that people keep the placements away from the veins in the neck, that is dangerous! Also, if your unit has 2 sets of pads, think of Ghostbusters and don't let the wires cross! You can get deeper muscle penetration and if it isn't placed right, it can make you more sore.
I found that the unit I have is critical for days that I want to do heavy work or times when I know I won't have breaks. Sometimes, I use it just so I can be more comfortable.
As far as placement goes, I have put mine on either side of my lower spine. I looked up some info on web for Electric muscle stimulator placement. I just made sure that the info came from a reputable business. try looking up "Electric Muscle Stimulator for RLS"
Good luck!
Just call me Iron Woman!

LucyBrown

Post by LucyBrown »

Interesting. What frequency do you use?

LucyBrown

Post by LucyBrown »

I'm not sure my quick reply went through, but the clothing sounds wonderful and I bet it would help WED/RLS, at least it would help me! Today the wrist stimulator saved me when I was sitting on a NYC subway for longer than usual because of train problems.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

cornelia wrote:I wish, I wish that this could help us. Who knows?

Corrie

I also wish this...but I am happy for all the people with pain issues that it definitely will help. And, who knows, one day it may work for us, too.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.