A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mine was terrible last night, too. Am feeling terrible today...as with you, WED never leaves my side, my constant companion. Or jailer, maybe.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Jailer is a pretty good description.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:Jailer is a pretty good description.

It surely feels that way at times, doesn't it? I am soooooo tired today, lol. But, can't sit or relax! Meds always have such a hard time keeping up once you get behind.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

The bell tolls. Tomorrow at about noon I will be having my surgery to fix my hand. Hopefully it will go well. They do put me under which always makes me feel a little nervous. Friday I have a CT Scan on stomach to look at hernia or whatever it is, blockage, who knows. It lasts over an hour and a half they are doing the full deal with the stuff you drink so they can look inside better. Iodine? They know there will be surgery for that, they just aren't sure yet for what exactly lol. Next time I visit earth via a human body I gotta pick a better one (just kidding I don't believe that), besides I wouldn't be asking to come back to this rock anyways. :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I also get very nervous before surgery.
The pre meds don't do anything for me, never did, so I don't become 'relaxed' beforehand.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:I also get very nervous before surgery.
The pre meds don't do anything for me, never did, so I don't become 'relaxed' beforehand.

No pre meds. Went great though. They put a mask over my mouth and nose and they were talking about adding the chemicals and I should start dreaming about Hawaii (I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and terribly raining out) then they started talking to each other as I must be out and I wasn't, started to tell them that and then I woke up an hour later in a recovery room with a half dozen other people in beds. Such a weird feeling.

They said it went very well, the doctor actually is a brain surgeon and does mostly that and spinal cords. So now sitting at home. Fingers not much better and just starting to feel pain in elbow after 6 hours or so after operation.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done :)
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Just drank 32 ounces of barium have to sit here an hour now before ct scan in hospital fun times lol

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:Just drank 32 ounces of barium have to sit here an hour now before ct scan in hospital fun times lol

Oh, fun :-).

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It can be hard to get that stuff down !!
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:It can be hard to get that stuff down !!

I swear nothing is harder than the one where they take pictures as you are drinking it - you have to GUZZLE it. They kept yelling at me to drink more/faster. I was about to vomit!

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:It can be hard to get that stuff down !!

I swear nothing is harder than the one where they take pictures as you are drinking it - you have to GUZZLE it. They kept yelling at me to drink more/faster. I was about to vomit!

They would have liked me. I drank my two bottles from a straw in less than 5 minutes. I like to get stuff like that done fast.

Doc already sent me a message via their hospital message system online and says I have a hernia and that is it. He said the small intestine is coming out of hernia so I am going in to see another surgeon Wednesday for a surgical consultation which basically is to tell me I need surgery and these are the options and to set me up for a date.

The only thing is that I am not 100% sure that is all that is wrong, but then that is why they get paid the big bucks. If it is something else also I guess I will know pretty soon after the operation.

He actually said, "Small and paraumbilical hernia containing a loop of small bowel." and "I recommend a surgical consult regarding your hernia."

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

While no one wants to have to have surgery, sounds like this is something easily fixed and with a good chance of a very good outcome.

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:While no one wants to have to have surgery, sounds like this is something easily fixed and with a good chance of a very good outcome.

Yikes! I just woke up, it is almost 1:30 am and fell asleep holding laptop on couch. :lol: Yes, "a good chance of a very good outcome", now I just need to get it fixed quickly so I can dsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssskkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Fell asleep again, good night!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

It is Saturday and we are on other side of state. Ate in this awesome restaurant in a small town that is a 5 star restaurant celebrating wife's sisters 75th birthday. I felt really bad but hid it. My stomach couldn't take the rich food. When we got to hotel I practically passed out from exhaustion but woke up an hour later with RLS symptoms despite taking meds! I took an extra 5 mg methadone 2 hours ago and I'm going to try to go to bed again. I can't believe this!