New New Strategy for Fixing Me

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

New New Strategy for Fixing Me

Post by EeFall »

Yes, the new year of 2014 brings in another new new strategy for fixing me. Am I being sarcastic? Yes, but I am also telling you the honest to god truth. :crazy:

My doctor sent me an email the other day saying he is taking me off of methadone and Lyrica and putting me on buprenorphine. He has made this decision after reading the email I sent him regarding my mood swings. He is afraid that the methadone or the Lyrica are contributing to my "depression/mood issues". The prescription should arrive in the snail mail soon.

I looked up buprenorphine (Subutex) and it is related to naloxone (Suboxone). Wow, this stuff is used to get off opioid drugs, including heroin, the main purpose of methadone too. He didn't ask me, he told me I would be taking this. I assume that I won't be taking either methadone or Lyrica. Crap, I don't know what is happening. This could put me over the edge. I can't even imagine getting off both of those drugs again, and now I am taking a much stronger dose of both of these meds compared to what I was taking when I detoxed in August (which just about did me in).

Hopefully buprenorphine will make it so I can get off of them easy. I have never taken this drug and didn't even know it could be used for RLS. I am alarmed, to say the least. So much for telling him the truth but really I could not continue to function much longer the way methadone and Lyrica are making me. I am a total ****, I just am. The combination makes me like Dr jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it is just crazy.

I am so tired that I just dozed off for a few seconds and dreamed. It happens to me all the time. Crap, I went back to work on Thursday, after the holiday, and then I was cornered into working the weekend too. So I worked today, Sunday, and won't be off work until next Saturday, hopefully. I certainly am in no condition to be working 56 hours a week. I am really starting to feel like someone on high is having a lot of fun messing with me. I feel like a puppet being played. Holy crap, this new strategy only worked (barely) for 4 months.

How many end of the roads are there anyway? :twisted: I swear, I used to be a nice guy :lol: but this is just getting ridiculous. My bro texted me that so-and-so thought I had died. Another guy that I went to school with that had my last name, and was in my small graduating high school class died. Now people are thinking it was me lol. The other guy was healthy, they probably figured it must be me, the unhealthy one - maybe they made a mistake and took the wrong guy, it makes no sense. I heard he went in to see about a rash and died.

Anyway, I will stay focused, alive, and hopeful. It will all work out in the end and this will be the new miracle drug that will fix me up. Also it will nullify all withdrawal symptoms from my current medications, and the sun, moon, and stars will follow me where ever I travel. I will go to the big rock candy mountain and drink from the lemonade springs, and feast on the hens that lay soft boiled eggs and have a smoke from the cigarette trees :wink:

ViewsAskew

Re: New New Strategy for Fixing Me

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hear you. I try to convince myself that I'm in much better shape than I am, but in reality, I'm not far from where you are. I just keep pretending. I mean, I sorta have admitted that something MUST change, but I haven't done anything yet. It's just too scary. But, being me as I am is too scary.....

I hope this works, EeFall. I really do.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Eefall, there have been a few people on this board who used Subutex (or the similar one) so you can find some info. If I remember correctly the messages were quite positive. So I hope it will be for you too.

So I gather that dr E thinks that methadone and the other opiates you tried are the reason for your mood swings. So I hope this helps and if it does it might be a good ide for othrs on this board.

Good luck with it.
Corrie

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm glad the doctor has responded. For me, I think it was the Lyrica more than the Methadone that was causing the issues. I could be wrong though, since I only take a low dose of the Methadone. Lyrica made me crazy. I felt horrible on it. I hope it gets to you soon. I really hope this works for you.
I've been having some slight WED/PLM in the middle of my night. I usually walk a bit, and go back to bed. It doesn't get stronger and stronger like it used to. I can tolerate it.
My memory continues to be an issue. I play bingo once a month. We play 10 games each time. I have a hard time with the more complicated games. When it's an H or an S, (example). I have to really go over the board to make sure I haven't missed any. I play with 3 cards. As it turns out, I do miss some numbers. I blame this on lack of sleep and the meds.
Again, I hope it works.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I hear you. I try to convince myself that I'm in much better shape than I am, but in reality, I'm not far from where you are. I just keep pretending. I mean, I sorta have admitted that something MUST change, but I haven't done anything yet. It's just too scary. But, being me as I am is too scary.....

I hope this works, EeFall. I really do.

Thanks. The script hasn't come yet so I continue taking the other. I raced a car going home today, I must be going out of my mind.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

cornelia wrote:Eefall, there have been a few people on this board who used Subutex (or the similar one) so you can find some info. If I remember correctly the messages were quite positive. So I hope it will be for you too.

So I gather that dr E thinks that methadone and the other opiates you tried are the reason for your mood swings. So I hope this helps and if it does it might be a good ide for othrs on this board.

Good luck with it.
Corrie

Thanks, will look on board tomorrow. I have been out of it this evening totally forgot this site, that is weird.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I'm glad the doctor has responded. For me, I think it was the Lyrica more than the Methadone that was causing the issues. I could be wrong though, since I only take a low dose of the Methadone. Lyrica made me crazy. I felt horrible on it. I hope it gets to you soon. I really hope this works for you.
I've been having some slight WED/PLM in the middle of my night. I usually walk a bit, and go back to bed. It doesn't get stronger and stronger like it used to. I can tolerate it.
My memory continues to be an issue. I play bingo once a month. We play 10 games each time. I have a hard time with the more complicated games. When it's an H or an S, (example). I have to really go over the board to make sure I haven't missed any. I play with 3 cards. As it turns out, I do miss some numbers. I blame this on lack of sleep and the meds.
Again, I hope it works.

Thanks. It is great you are doing well, it is encouraging. It is 12:20 am I gotta get to bed, I get up at 5:23 am lol I really have been out of it, must be lack sleep

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Hi EeFall~

I have known quite a few people on buprenorphine for opiate withdrawal. I have never heard of any negative side effects from it!! I hope it works for you :-)

Joanie

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Joanie60 wrote:Hi EeFall~

I have known quite a few people on buprenorphine for opiate withdrawal. I have never heard of any negative side effects from it!! I hope it works for you :-)

Joanie

Thanks! The prescription came today and it will be filled tomorrow. It says to place under tongue, that is a new one for me.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

That means sublingual (I'm sure you know that part). But it will dissolve very quickly and get into your system.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:That means sublingual (I'm sure you know that part). But it will dissolve very quickly and get into your system.

Yeah I know what it is, I just have never had to do it with any prescription drugs before. It would be nice if it works quickly but I am wondering if he isn't just trying to get me off methadone and Lyrica. I just have a really bad feeling about this. I don't think he realizes how addicted I am to both of them. It was nearly impossible to detox off of them this summer and now I am actually taking higher doses of them now than then. It would probably be even harder to stop them. Also if it does not control my RLS by itself I will become a pacing madman (and I am nearly out of my head now). I just can't imagine that it will control RLS when methadone and Lyrica can barely do it and also be strong enough so I don't go into terrible withdrawals.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Doety used this, if I remember correctly, when she had a LOT of difficulty stopping methadone. If you can stand it, maybe check out her posts and see what she said about it and how it worked. I could also have the wrong memory...it's late and my brain just doesn't work as it used to.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EaFall: Yeah I know what it is, I just have never had to do it with any prescription drugs before. It would be nice if it works quickly but I am wondering if he isn't just trying to get me off methadone and Lyrica. I just have a really bad feeling about this. I don't think he realizes how addicted I am to both of them. It was nearly impossible to detox off of them this summer and now I am actually taking higher doses of them now than then. It would probably be even harder to stop them. Also if it does not control my RLS by itself I will become a pacing madman (and I am nearly out of my head now). I just can't imagine that it will control RLS when methadone and Lyrica can barely do it and also be strong enough so I don't go into terrible withdrawals.

I can't imagine how it will be if you have to go through this again. I'm so sorry. My prayers to you.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:EaFall: Yeah I know what it is, I just have never had to do it with any prescription drugs before. It would be nice if it works quickly but I am wondering if he isn't just trying to get me off methadone and Lyrica. I just have a really bad feeling about this. I don't think he realizes how addicted I am to both of them. It was nearly impossible to detox off of them this summer and now I am actually taking higher doses of them now than then. It would probably be even harder to stop them. Also if it does not control my RLS by itself I will become a pacing madman (and I am nearly out of my head now). I just can't imagine that it will control RLS when methadone and Lyrica can barely do it and also be strong enough so I don't go into terrible withdrawals.

I can't imagine how it will be if you have to go through this again. I'm so sorry. My prayers to you.

I got home from work today and my wife said I have to take the script for the prescription in myself, I didn't do it, I'll drop it off on my way home from work tomorrow so I probably won't do it until Friday. I sort of decided that I wouldn't start until Friday today, I was thinking that I have to work tomorrow, Thursday, because it is the end of the work week for me and I wanted to make sure I got a full week since I had to work Saturday and Sunday. If I am going to ruin my weekend (and my mind) I might as well do it for the money (the overtime premium pay) :lol: . I was afraid if I took it tonight that I might not get any sleep and stay home.

I went to bed at 1:30 and got up about 5:20, not enough sleep for sure. I will try to get to bed by midnight tonight, but while I am tired and nodding off the thought of going to bed is not a happy one. Probably the methadone and the hyper reaction. Thank you for you prayers, I think I will need them. Hopefully the weekend will be enough to get on (and off) the meds and maybe, just maybe it will work. :) I am too tired to want to think differently, I feel like I'm on a piece of ice that has broken away from the shore and I'm drifting away.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:Doety used this, if I remember correctly, when she had a LOT of difficulty stopping methadone. If you can stand it, maybe check out her posts and see what she said about it and how it worked. I could also have the wrong memory...it's late and my brain just doesn't work as it used to.

I will look tomorrow, I can't stand it at the moment, :lol: as you surmised. It just doesn't seem to add up, if one medicine could do that (allow me to get off of methadone and Lyrica, yet allow me to not have RLS/WED symptoms) then why isn't everyone taking it? I'm tired too and will pretend like I know the answers...