gabapentin augmentation ?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sojourner

gabapentin augmentation ?

Post by Sojourner »

First off, I'd like to apologize to the mods and members if I have missed this topic somewhere along the line. I tried a search but I'm afraid I may not have done a good job navigating the search feature. In any event, I'm just wondering if it is possbible to augment with gabapentin?
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Re: gabapentin augmentation ?

Post by ViewsAskew »

No, you searched well, I think. There are no incidents of it, to our knowledge.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

That is also my understanding.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

QyX

Post by QyX »

Never heard of it.

badnights

Post by badnights »

not augmentation, but I think it's quite possible that some of us have gotten withdrawal that consists of worsened symptoms, after stopping gabapentin and other anti-convulsants.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Sojourner wrote:First off, I'd like to apologize to the mods and members if I have missed this topic somewhere along the line. I tried a search but I'm afraid I may not have done a good job navigating the search feature. In any event, I'm just wondering if it is possbible to augment with gabapentin?

I never experienced augmentation. Was initially on 900mg per day, now 300mg (one pill at bedtime). One day was 900 then went to 300 the next with no withdrawal effects.