ahaha - no problem! What we know is that we are all practiced "standers."
I was going to make a crack about that, but it's much better coming from you!
Beth, how are you doing?
I'm doing OK, in most respects, but only because I don't let myself think too much, and I signed up for a 21-day yoga thing. The sudden cessation of 5 nights a week of sports had me flirting with depression, so I have to do something. I will sign up with a gym when the yoga is over. Meanwhile I am taking 21 yoga classes in 21 days, and there's a diet to follow as well. I couldn't do it if I was working, the timing is all wrong, and the shopping and food prep take a lot of time; but I had holidays anyway from the trip I had to cancel to get my knee checked out, so I am spending them in Yellowknife. Wondering why I still feel as if I can't get everything done in the day.
I decided to use the yoga diet as an opportunity to go wheat and wheat-gluten free, but it turns out my oatmeal "may contain wheat". Does that mean I am not gluten free?
Also I think next week is supposed to be juices only. I don't think that's the best thing I could do for my knee at this point in its recovery. I think it needs all the nutrients it can get. I have been worried about going meat free, but figured I was doing OK with the beans and other protein sources. But this juice-only thing, that might leave my ligaments without something they need to heal?
I am a bit freaking out because of a discrepancy between what the Edmonton surgeon said to me in person and what he wrote on a note. He said that I should be re-assessed in 2-3 months when the MCL had healed, at which point they would decide if I was a candidate for ACL surgery (!! I thought it was a given! I'm a candidate! I want an ACL!) But in the note he gave me, it says f/u 6/12 which I found out meant follow up in 6 months. That would place it in August, AFTER my field season, but I really need to see someone before then to confirm that I can go in the field without an ACL. etc. So I am trying to get hold of him to clear that up. I don't even know if it will be him who sees me or if his job is done and he's sending my file (so to speak) back to Yellowknife. So confusing.
The only reason I was sent to Edmonton was that the guy here thought I might have some kind of complicated tear that would need surgery within 3 weeks, but the guy down there says I don't. So I missed my trip to my parents just to find that out. I had to do it, but still. It would feel like a more worth-while sacrifice if I had actually needed immediate surgery.