Lorna Vanderhaeghe Magsmart 200g..really works

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
happy2010

Lorna Vanderhaeghe Magsmart 200g..really works

Post by happy2010 »

I've finally found something that works for me. It's called Lorna Vanderhaeghe Magsmart 200g. I tried it out for 4 days this week and this is the first time ever that I was able to get rest. If my leg acts up, it usually takes me 1 to 2 hours before I can finally settle down to sleep. I use 1 capful (make sure you stir it up) with 8 oz of water, ice, add a bit of your favorite juice for flavoring and I drink it at 10 pm at night. I tested it out with 1/2 cap and it didn't work (my legs still felt crazy), so for me, 1 cap. I've had this since I was a little girl and so glad now that there's something that works. I've tried everything under the sun including tonic water (quinine), which helped a bit, but only temporarily. I hope this will help someone also. Not a fun thing to live with.

Polar Bear

Re: Lorna Vanderhaeghe Magsmart 200g..really works

Post by Polar Bear »

You are so right - WED/RLS is not fun to have.
When you say you've tried everything, has it always been over the counter medication or have you also tried prescribed medication.
WED is such a contrary condition and there is no one solution. We are all so different and our responses to medication vary in their success.

I googled this product and see that it 'contains nutrients to support healthy muscle'.
And it claims to help with the following conditions.

reduces heart palpitations
for twitchy eyelids
halts migraine headaches
stops muscle cramping
for deep restful sleep
restless legs
lowers high blood pressure
stops pain from fibromyalgia

I haven't heard of this before and am delighted that you have found it to be beneficial.
Please do keep us updated and let us know if it continues to be helpful and if the benefits are sustained.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

happy2010

Post by happy2010 »

Hi Polar Bear,
I don't like taking prescribed medications, so it was mostly over the counter (magnesium, potassium, or other supplements, recommended that I've read online). WED/RLS has not been well known to the outside world until probably the last 2 years (at least it seems like it was to me). I had it as a child and did not know what was going on with my body until the age of computer...probably started researching about it in the '90s. I'm not alone...:)

My local doctor did not know much about it, so they just suggest stretching of the legs each night. I had my own remedy to ease the uncomfortable twitching at night by laying on the sofa, facing towards it, and having my leg kind of up on it. It seem to alleviate it enough to where I can get to sleep.

So last week, I was in the nutrition store, the Manager, told me the Magsmart helped her with cramped legs she would have multiple times a week, and she didn't have it anymore. She takes two caps a day though. At first I was skeptical but I was willing to give it a try, anything is better. So glad I did!

I will definitely keep you posted. :) I love this forum, we all understand the feeling and each other. Thank you. Mary

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I found my doctor receptive to information.
After I gave him the links he even went on line to the Foundation's site and also to the rls.help site where Dr B does his responses to letters.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I was lucky enough to have moderately receptive doctors too. But there are some horror stories on this board, of doctors telling patients to stretch, or worse, that it's all in their heads.

I am leery of anything that's only worked for 4 days - or even 4 weeks. But I'll be very happy for you and might even try it, if it continues to work beyond that! The ingredient list shows that the powder is mainly a collection of vitamins and minerals (including magnesium, which often helps cramps, though it does not seem to help WED sensations for many people), but also contains two amino acids, taurine and glutamine. Taurine has figured before in conversations here, mostly positively but one person recommends to steer clear of it!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

happy2010

Post by happy2010 »

Dear Beth,
I understand completely what your saying. Believe me, I was skeptical and remember I had not found anything that had worked for me my whole life time of having WED. The closest thing is taking tonic water, which helped but did not take away the WED sensations and not being able to sleep continued.

This is day 6 of taking MagSmart and still works. I think what it does, it relaxes your body. I take it at 10 pm and by the time I go to bed around 11 or 11:30, I am able to just go to sleep. Absolutely no leg sensation for me at all during the night and I get a very sound sleep. Now, I don't wake up unless I have to use the bathroom.

Normally, what happens for me, I would go to sleep, an hour later my leg would start acting up, it 1 to 2 hours before I can go back to sleep, then around 5 am, it would start again and I would have to move to the sofa in order to alleviate the crazy feeling.

So for me, even if it worked for 1 day or forever, It's one day less of suffering. Maybe I will be immune to its effect in a month or year but at least, its working right now, and I can sleep like a "normal" person does.

I used to take sleeping pills but the side of effects having fast heart beat, jitters, sweating and then you end of waking up in the middle of the night anyway; bad experience. I don't like taking any type of prescription medication and I read up on the Taurine since you mentioned about it. Seems like 500 mg is a safe dose and it seems also to be good for the health of your body. I believe taking anything in excess is not good for you for sure.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-livin ... q-20058177
http://examine.com/supplements/Taurine/

I just wanted to share this with everyone who is suffering like I have, at least, has a chance to feel much better at night while sleeping. I am not a pusher of anything, but because taking this has taken away the awful sensation of WED at night, I just wanted to shout it out to the world..."Hey, there's something here that may work for you...just try it." and hopefully it will for everyone suffering with WED, but I know everyone's body is different and it effects us in different ways.

I was astounded it worked the first night...I really was and now I just completed day 6. My husband said, why don't I take it intermittently just in case i will get immune to it? I told him, that feeling is so awful, I never want to feel that again, I'd rather continue then to stop and go with the sensation.

It's up to each one of us to decide. I just want to live a normal life...so far it feels so nice.

Warmly, mary

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I just want to live a normal life...so far it feels so nice.
Well.... aren't those great words to hear. :D
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

because taking this has taken away the awful sensation of WED at night, I just wanted to shout it out to the world
I just want to live a normal life...so far it feels so nice

Amen!

I'm happy for you Mary, and hopeful too. I wish someone with energy and money would comb this board for ideas on what to research next; there have been so many reports of success with various amino-acid supplements that - one would think - there must be something important to be discovered there.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

happy2010

Post by happy2010 »

Good morning!
Thank you Beth!

Below is my progress so far. It seems to work in spurts. A little bit disappointing but even so, it's still worth taking for me. I would not use any more than 2 capful/day, that would be definitely my limit. Hopefully another restful sleep tonight!! Mary :)

Day 6 - 17th (1 capful - sound sleep)
Day 7 - 18th (1 capful - did not seem to take effect - had same sensation whole night)
Day 8 - 19 (1 1/2 capful - woke up a 3:30 with sensation)
Day 9 - 20 ( 1 1/2 capful - had hard time getting to sleep)
Day 10 - 21 (did not take medication - away from home)
Day 11 - 22 (2 capful - sound sleep)