Left Shoulder

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Sojourner

Re: Left Shoulder

Post by Sojourner »

debbluebird wrote:Feeling awful this evening. Took less pain meds today. During the day it seemed ok. Now, not so much. Restarted methadone.

Sorry things aren't going smoothly right now. Hopefully, this is all part of the one step forward, two step back routine that often is associated with surgical recovery. And, hopefully, the two steps back will become fewer and fewer. Wishing you peace this night.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Any better?????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Took a couple extra meds last night and felt better. It's when you start to feel better during the day, then the night is worse. It's just going to take time.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:Took a couple extra meds last night and felt better. It's when you start to feel better during the day, then the night is worse. It's just going to take time.

Indeed it does. I'm not very patient, I am sorry to say. It sounds as if you are :-).

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Was my worst night last night. Not so much bad pain, but more anxiety with everything getting to me. Today I'm fine again.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I hope tonight is easier.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad you were better today. When I get anxious, worried, or otherwise emotionally unhinged, I always have to remind myself that it doesn't last forever and that I CAN get through it. It's sure not easy....

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I figured out what caused the anxiety. It was the oxycodone. Since there were days that I only took it at night, it didn't take too long to figure out. First, that's not my personality. Last night I stayed with the Norco and stayed in the recliner. Had a very good night.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I figured out what caused the anxiety. It was the oxycodone. Since there were days that I only took it at night, it didn't take too long to figure out. First, that's not my personality. Last night I stayed with the Norco and stayed in the recliner. Had a very good night.

Oxy absolutely does that to me. Most opioids do, oddly. They make me slightly anxious-mad-intolerant. I clench my teeth the whole time they are active.

Glad you figured that out!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's interesting, since I can take the lower level drug Norco.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:It's interesting, since I can take the lower level drug Norco.

I had dental work done in my twenties - 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me Tylenol with codeine. At work that day, I was a nasty person! I was sharp, barking at people - not very nice. I was a manager and some people liked and trusted me enough to say something to me. I was very sorry, but it was as if I was constantly on edge - a sort of anxious-mad. I hated it. Since then, it's happened with several others - at all levels. I've seen others say this, too. It must change the brain chemistry and get in the way of GABA or serotonin or both.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

For me , I was just very restless and anxious. I just couldn't get comfortable. Everything irritated me, heat, clothing, position,. No matter what I did I was just so uncomfortable. I'm a little restless tonight, but it is very difficult to be so wrapped up for days in this sling. But tonight it feels more like WED.
I go back to the doctor Monday and start physical therapy. They have a PT here at our clinic in our little town. I'm sure they drive an hour to get here.
FOUR MORE WEEKS !

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Irritable - that is the perfect word for it.

Great news that you are going to start PT! I mean, PT is awful when you're doing it, lol, but if you're doing it, that means things are gettin' better, right?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Last night my WED/PLM was back. Had my typical evening and night. But I did sleep about 8 hrs.
Just got a knock on the door. The wild life people at the door. It seems that a female moose known as a cow and her young one is here in town a block from us. They came to warn us about our dog. But our dog is always in our yard or with us out in the country. That is so cool. I love the wild life around here.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

debbluebird wrote:Last night my WED/PLM was back. Had my typical evening and night. But I did sleep about 8 hrs.
Just got a knock on the door. The wild life people at the door. It seems that a female moose known as a cow and her young one is here in town a block from us. They came to warn us about our dog. But our dog is always in our yard or with us out in the country. That is so cool. I love the wild life around here.

Our house is right on the edge of a Wildlife Area. We've had a black bear(s) visiting our yard for the last year or so. Watched him/her from the sun room one night--probably less than 20 feet below us. Magnificent animal.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.