Left Shoulder

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
debbluebird

Re: Left Shoulder

Post by debbluebird »

Going to doctor today for check up of shoulder I'm doing better.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:) :D
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Did you start PT today?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Finally home. We left about 8:30 am and got home about 8 pm. Long day. Got a script for PT. I will call in am to get it started. Then as we were talking to the PA about the horrible pain that I was in right after the nerve block wore off on our way home from hosp., figured out why they only gave me Norco instead of Oxycodone. The doctor thought that since I am taking Methadone I didn't need the Percocet. I explained that it really doesn't take care of severe pain. I only take 10 to 15 mg of Methadone. Drug addicts take at least 100 mg. or more. Doctors really just don't have a clue. It reminded us of the doctor I had in rehab who accused me of drug seeking, because I take Methadone. He said they give Percocet to all of their patients after surgery. Well, the PA now has been educated. I have a new type of sling for my arm. Must still keep my shoulder from moving away from my body, but can bend at the elbow. Can now type. But no lifting in that arm. It will be 3 more weeks this coming Friday. Then can take sling off. But then two more weeks after that of no lifting anything heavy.
I do feel better. The worst is over.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good news.

And, something important for all of us who take methadone. It really isn't great for pain to begin with - not compared to some of the others. It really is something we should make sure we ask - what will they do for the pain even though we already take something that is considered a pain reliever.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm getting along pretty well. It just keeps getting easier. Last night the WED flared up for a couple of hours. I was getting sleepy about 9 pm, but it didn't settle down until after 11 pm. Then the rest of the night was fine. I'm having less pain. I'm taking a nap every afternoon. I just hope I never have to do the other shoulder. It was pretty bad the first week.
I'm just getting bored. Watching TV and reading is about all that I can do. I'll be glad when I can get back to doing my regular activities, like sewing.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

You are doing so well...... sewing won't be too far off.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad the worst seems over. Hopefully the WED will also go away - a flare right now would not be fun.

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I'm getting along pretty well. It just keeps getting easier. Last night the WED flared up for a couple of hours. I was getting sleepy about 9 pm, but it didn't settle down until after 11 pm. Then the rest of the night was fine. I'm having less pain. I'm taking a nap every afternoon. I just hope I never have to do the other shoulder. It was pretty bad the first week.
I'm just getting bored. Watching TV and reading is about all that I can do. I'll be glad when I can get back to doing my regular activities, like sewing.

:wave: :clap: :thumbup: Wishing you a speedy (interesting - not boring) recovery! :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We are still getting snow. We've gotten an inch or so the last two nights. But of course it melts the next day. The other interesting thing that has been happening in our small town is, that we've had two moose for the last couple of weeks. A mama moose (cow moose) and her baby. They have been seen all over town, in people's back yards. Last evening they were looking into my friends front window into her living room. Our town is only ten blocks by ten blocks in size. They either step over the fences or jump over them. Today we drove just north of town about 15 miles and saw another moose, some elk, some antelope and a bald eagle. There is also a herd of deer further north that we have been seeing lately. Last week there was a very large herd of elk just south of town. We love driving around seeing the wild life. Some times we see foxes and coyotes. We are just waiting for warmer weather to come.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I imagine you are happy the snow is melting! We've been above freezing at night for about two weeks, but I haven't move anything out, yet. Oh, well, lettuce and kale. I am very happy to say I've not seen any snow since the 15th. I hope that is the last until next November. We're at sea level, though - you're at 8000 feet or so, IIRC.

Have you been doing any walking?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yeah, we're at about 8000 to 8200 feet. Today it's sunny. The next few days, it says it will be warmer. Today 45, then up to 65 by Sunday. It's May, so it should be getting better. We could still have a few flakes, but mostly it will get warmer now. I've heard that it can snow any month of the year here.
I haven't been walking much. I just haven't felt like getting out in the cold wind. I've been afraid of walking on the tread mill. I may try that this week though. I need to. It might help how I feel.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hate to admit it when I'm feeling low, but exercise almost always helps me. I just don't want to do it.

I'd likely be leery of the treadmill, too, with your shoulder out of commission. It messes with your balance and you can't grab in case anything happens.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

You are right. I ended up walking to my PT appt. It's only two blocks. It is even warmer today. So I plan on walking more.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I found out this week that I won't be lifting anything heavy for four months. It still aches at times. Usually in the morning. I get to take off the sling this coming Friday. I have 9 more weeks of physical therapy. This is definitely worse than the hips and knees.