Left Shoulder

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Re: Left Shoulder

Post by ViewsAskew »

Huh - do you know why? What makes it so difficult and the recovery so lengthy? I imagine that's a bit of a let down to you!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I don't know. He talked about the part that goes into the shoulder that has to heal well, or the surgery fails. So it's more that the 6 to 8 weeks for a broken bone. It's a pain, but it will be worth it in the long run. The aching is getting better, but still usually wakes me up in the morning. I take a pain pill about 4 am every day for that reason. PT will last until the end of June. At a certain point, I will begin strengthening exercises.

We got a foot of snow last night. It's supposed to snow all day today and tonight. But after that it will get warm again and will melt. It's really beautiful out there.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I love snow....but a foot of it in mid May would depress me :-). Glad you think it's pretty - you have to live with it!

Hopefully that aching will get better very soon.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Snow is about half gone. All the roads are clear. The sun is out today. It will be gone in a couple more days.

I am feeling better today. I am sick of feeling rotten.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I am feeling better today. I am sick of feeling rotten.

I imagine you are. I was just thinking about past surgeries....and realized I remember little of the feeling rotten part. I have a general idea that I felt rotten, but most of the active memory is gone. Here's hoping that the same happens for you. That soon in the future, you'll just remember that you had it - not that it was awful :-).

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I got an e-mail from my sister. She has one shoulder with a tear, rotator cuff, which she is going to have repaired. The other side is a complete reverse replacement with the rotator cuff totally unrepairable. She is choosing not to do that side and is getting shots for the pain instead. She believes that she be able to do that forever. She won't believe me that after awhile it won't work anymore.
I know what you mean about the memory. That is a good thing.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Saw my regular doctor today. She put me on thryoid medication today. I see the shoulder doc tomorrow as well as the hip doc. So we will be gone all day. Never thought my thryoid would mess up. Another pill to take.
Shoulder is feeling better. I have another month of PT. Now it will become more aggressive, to strengthen and regain range of motion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I hope your shoulder stays good and continues to improve with the more aggressive therapy.
It will be interesting to hear how much is gained in the next month of PT.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It must be disconcerting to have another thing pop up just when you thought you were getting everything resolved/healed.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

ViewsAskew wrote:It must be disconcerting to have another thing pop up just when you thought you were getting everything resolved/healed.

It's not too bad really. It will be interesting to see if any of my symptoms go away.

Saw the doctors today. Everything is fine. Therapy won't always be easy, but the shoulder is getting better.

The rivers are flooding all around here, and in other parts of the state of Colorado. The snow is just starting to melt and then we got rain all last week. I guess the national guard is out in some of the towns. Our town is fine, because it sits kind of up on a hill away from the rivers. But the rivers are way over the banks going along the valley floor. Some roads washed out a bit.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:It must be disconcerting to have another thing pop up just when you thought you were getting everything resolved/healed.

It's not too bad really. It will be interesting to see if any of my symptoms go away.

Saw the doctors today. Everything is fine. Therapy won't always be easy, but the shoulder is getting better.

The rivers are flooding all around here, and in other parts of the state of Colorado. The snow is just starting to melt and then we got rain all last week. I guess the national guard is out in some of the towns. Our town is fine, because it sits kind of up on a hill away from the rivers. But the rivers are way over the banks going along the valley floor. Some roads washed out a bit.

We had the wettest April on record for the area and May has been much better. The good news is that the grass, garden, and plants all seem to like it. Glad to hear everything is going well with your healing. I have been taking thyroid pills for years, not even sure why anymore :lol: Take care.