Today is a good day because

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Today is a good day because

Post by ViewsAskew »

it's sunny and warm, but not too hot and not too humid, and I have some time to enjoy the day.*

Ann

*On the Benzo board I am on (provides help for people having difficulty using traditional methods to stop taking benzos like Klonopin), they have a thread like this. I like is so much because I tend to get stuck thinking about the 'bad' stuff. If you feel so inclined, please add your reason it's a good day. We could keep this going for a long time :-).

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Its a good day Ann because we are alive. As long as you draw breath there is reason to hope, and if there is reason to hope then there is reason to try, and if there is a reason to try then you must have something to live for thats worth dying for and that life. The sun is shinning over here too and I think I'll go and enjoy it for a change. :wink:
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

Post by Guest »

ITS A GREAT DAY because GOD said so................the birds are chirping and the sun is shinning and Im sober another 24hours~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Post by Guest »

It's a great today because it's a great day to be alive, It's a great day because I have love in my heart for a beautiful woman who has a beautiful heart!!

Lyndarae's cuttie...........Alex

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Because Becat's post about trembly thighs made me belly laugh and chortle out loud. A day when I get to laugh out loud is always a good day! And friends that make me laugh are good to have around.

:lol:

Ann

Kris

Post by Kris »

Its a good day because my foot is starting to feel better again.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Today is a good day because I realize how much I have to be grateful for. When I forget that, I take things for granted and am unable to see my life as it really is - I get stuck in the minutiae of non-important things. When I remember to have gratitude, I am humbled and accepting of life as it is, not as I want it to be. Today I am grateful for all of my life.

Ann

Post by Guest »

A good day is when I KNOW

I don't need to improve. I need to enjoy.

I'm all right. Not perfect. Not even close. And that's perfect for me.

My flaws don't bother me. I love and I am fortunate there are those that love me the way I am.

and the trembling thighs... yes that was a good one!

Heronak

Post by Heronak »

It's a great day because I slept last night with no RLS and woke refreshed and able to do my job without falling asleep! Gratefully,

Heron

Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Today is a great day because I am doing my job solo, rather then having "helping hands" nearby. The nearest person who can help me if things go bad (and they haven't, knock on wood) is 90 miles away.

(I work on oilrigs, FWIW) 8)
Diagnosed RLS in February 2005.

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

It is a good day today because I have had two restful nights of sleep from my new medication for RLS. Today is payday and Friday so that makes it even better.

Donna
Donna

sardsy75

I know there r ppl who care & made a difference in my li

Post by sardsy75 »

Got this via email today and just wanted to share it with you all:

The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip.

You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones that care.

Pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia ." (Charles Schultz)

There are many people on this board who have not only helped me through difficult times, but have also made me feel appreciated and special, and taught me new things ... today is a good day because I realise that I am truly blessed by being given the opportunity to "meet" and become friends with these wonderful people.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Today is a great day because I got phone calls from both my daughters!!! I have had 3 full weeks with no bugs and I'm happy joyus and free. I have people in my life that love me and for the first ime in my life I can love them back. The sun us setting on the mountains and I have eyes to see it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Today is a good day because I am alive. I have a loving husband. I have loving friends from far away to very close. And I can still walk, talk, see, smell, and hear all the things around.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

ksxroads

Today is a good day...

Post by ksxroads »

as some thoughtful person started this thread. When I feel lost, sad, alone, dazed, confused, happy, joyful, full of love, I can come here and be reminded of the many things that make life reagardless of physical difficulties, worth while. Hazel