Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by Polar Bear »

You could still get to ask questions during the pre operation 'checks'... talks...
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm glad you are letting them do their job. Since my experience was in the recovery room, I'm sure you will be ok. I will have you in my prayers. When is the surgery ? I don't remember.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I'm glad you are letting them do their job. Since my experience was in the recovery room, I'm sure you will be ok. I will have you in my prayers. When is the surgery ? I don't remember.

Friday is surgery but they won't tell me time Friday until about noon Thursday. It is difficult to wait I wish it was over.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Waiting is so hard.... I am thinking of you.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Waiting is so hard.... I am thinking of you.

Thanks! :) Hopefully I will look back on this and be glad that I took care of it. I took my left arm today and was trying to pull a small tree out of the ground, actually I was just seeing if I could because it has died. Stupid thing to do, it hurt my right shoulder for some reason. Weird. Just brings to the forefront that something has to be done with my shoulder.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall........ We have a saying over here...... """Are You Wise"" ???? Said fondly of course.
What are you thinking of, let the small trees, big trees, any sort of tree...... just stay where it is, and take care of your shoulders.
You keep giving your shoulders a 'wee test', rather like picking a scab on a sore knee.

Roll on Friday, and in the meantime 'behave yourself' ..... i.e. take it easy. Not easy to do, but no digging holes or pulling out trees.

Oh dear, I do sound like a school marm...... sorry lol....
Betty

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I know how it is. My new shoulder is doing fine. It was bad at the beginning, but now it is great and I'm glad I did it. But now the other shoulder is sometimes waking me up at night. I will just wait and see what happens. I am in no hurry to do it. I do baby it, so the cartilage doesn't go too quickly.
Be good. It will go fast. Time does fly when you're having fun.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Eefall........ We have a saying over here...... """Are You Wise"" ???? Said fondly of course.
What are you thinking of, let the small trees, big trees, any sort of tree...... just stay where it is, and take care of your shoulders.
You keep giving your shoulders a 'wee test', rather like picking a scab on a sore knee.

Roll on Friday, and in the meantime 'behave yourself' ..... i.e. take it easy. Not easy to do, but no digging holes or pulling out trees.

Oh dear, I do sound like a school marm...... sorry lol....

You are funny, you made me laugh which is a good thing. I am a bit of an idiot. A good saying but alas I am always testing the limits. It is difficult for me to do anything in the slow lane. I mowed the lawn today like I was in a race. Surgeon called once today, Anesthesiologist called twice. They are both very concerned about the pain I likely will have to endure. It is the Buprenorphine in Suboxone they are concerned with I misunderstood before, it is the opioid brain blocker. They are giving me a catheter pain block in shoulder that should work for a day or two but when it wears off I may have no protection from pain. They may take me off Suboxone Friday and give me enough Dilaudid to relieve surgery pain and RLS symptoms and just give me that for awhile. They are still discussing it. I can tell the Anesthesiologist is sweating it and I am her nightmare. If I were in their position I wouldn't want the headache of me either, my WED is outside the bell curve and they have to try to figure it out. I may not go to work tomorrow, I am just really stressed.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I know how it is. My new shoulder is doing fine. It was bad at the beginning, but now it is great and I'm glad I did it. But now the other shoulder is sometimes waking me up at night. I will just wait and see what happens. I am in no hurry to do it. I do baby it, so the cartilage doesn't go too quickly.
Be good. It will go fast. Time does fly when you're having fun.

I will be good now until surgery but dang shoulder is really sore tonight I should not have mowed but wanted to take care of it so my wide doesn't have to mow for several weeks with the warm weather.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Here in the UK it is Thursday day time...... You are a few hours behind me.
When you wake up for the day.... only one more day to go for your surgery.
One more sleep - as the kiddies say.
Nearly there.
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Here in the UK it is Thursday day time...... You are a few hours behind me.
When you wake up for the day.... only one more day to go for your surgery.
One more sleep - as the kiddies say.
Nearly there.

You are not going to believe this, I don't believe it. When I came home yesterday my wife wasn't feeling good, she hadn't even eaten anything nor did she eat last night. I wake up at 3am feeling the same way. I just called in sick (I was thinking about doing it anyway because of the surgery) but now I am actually sick. I sure hope I feel better by tomorrow, I would HATE for them to call it off. My wife felt hot so I was going to take her temperature last night and both of our thermometer batteries are out! What happened to having manual temp gauges!?! They don't need batteries. My stomach feels yucky too just like hers. She is still asleep so don't know if she is now okay but I gotta cross my fingers and hope it was a 24 hour thing.

I wonder sometimes what it would have been like if my ancestors would have stayed in Ireland (probably would have starved lol) but really it sounds like an easier life but maybe it is just wishful thinking. I grew up by Disneyland in a fast and furious lifestyle then moved to a town of 3,000 when I was 9. It was such a slow lifestyle that it took me years to get used to it. When I finally did I went off to college because there were no jobs there and ended up having to work and live in big cities again which took getting used to again, but the few people I grew up with in the small town seem happy and much more stress free.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We have both kinds of thermometers. I'm sure it will be only a 24 hour thing. I hope.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

As I write this I am so hoping that you are feeling better.
Please let this be passing over.
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

My wife was okay this morning and I am already starting to feel better! I got a call about my surgery tomorrow. I am to be there at 6:30am, I don't think they usually open to the public until 8am which is strange, but whatever. I would rather have a surgeon work on me when he is fresh in the morning than the last patient in the evening :lol:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:We have both kinds of thermometers. I'm sure it will be only a 24 hour thing. I hope.

I thought we had both too, but not anymore apparently. I ordered batteries for both online yesterday at Amazon, among other things.