Who is your favorite doctor?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: WED/RLS doctors

Post by ViewsAskew »

A doctor in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Dr Cathy Anne Goldstein - comes highly recommended by one of our members. The original mention was in this thread.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cdoesc

Post by cdoesc »

Anybody in the New Orleans, Gulf Coast, Mobile, Alabama area?

KDecker1612

Post by KDecker1612 »

Dr. Valley, Kettering Medical Center Sleep Disorders Clinic, Dayton, OH

sniel2000@yahoo.com

Post by sniel2000@yahoo.com »

Any doc's near San Francisco or north- Santa Rosa San Rafael, Napa, CA?

badnights

Post by badnights »

Can't wait for more doctors and clinics to get certified as Quality Care givers.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

sniel2000@yahoo.com wrote:Any doc's near San Francisco or north- Santa Rosa San Rafael, Napa, CA?

I'd write to Dr Buchfuhrer at somno@verizon.net. He's in southern Cal, but knows a lot of other providers. He also teaches and has had many students in CA who are now practicing.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

kitty56

Post by kitty56 »

I am searching for a doctor experienced with RLS in the Atlanta area. Some of the ones listed have terrible reviews. I am at the point where I am about to snap. I have tried many of the drugs people have listed and still no relief!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dr Rye is at Emory - if I lived within ten hours of him, I'd go see him. He has WED! I've never had him as a doctor - I've paced the back of a room with him and had coffee with him - that's the only way I know him. He seemed to be a very nice person and totally gets WED. He's done some excellent research regarding WED and its genetic component.

Managing Your RLS

YCantISleep

Post by YCantISleep »

I noticed Dr. Christopher Earley on a post here. He's at Johns Hopkins Bayview, and is really wonderful! He was in an international study group a few years ago and is extremely knowledgeable about WED. Since I live in the Harrisburg, PA area I see him about once a year. He's very kind & understanding and takes time to listen. For me, it's well worth the trip.

Suckerbeagle

Re: Who is your favorite doctor?

Post by Suckerbeagle »

In Boston it's Dr. Betsy Sherry at Mount Auburn Hospital. She's the greatest. In New Mexico, where I am now it's Dr. Michael Baten in Santa Fe. Both of these docs are neurologists who specialize in WED. We need these doctors because they can prescribe the meds we need and work with us on finding what really works. Some sleep medicine doctors are more focused on sleep apnea and don't like to prescribe opioids. Best of luck to all in finding the right doctor to work with.

Suckerbeagle

Post by Suckerbeagle »

I'm going to be moving to Portland Maine next year. Anyone know of a good WED doctor in that vicinity?

badnights

Post by badnights »

"In Boston it's Dr. Betsy Sherry at Mount Auburn Hospital. She's the greatest. In New Mexico, where I am now it's Dr. Michael Baten in Santa Fe. Both of these docs are neurologists who specialize in WED." fRom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6107&p=75577#p75577

"Dr. John Doggett in Albuquerque, New Mexico. At the sleep clinic." From viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6107&p=65467#p65467

"I'm now in Northern California and have found Dr. Lydia Wytrzes in Sacramento (Sutter/Sac Sleep Centers). I've seen her twice; "
"I also saw Dr. Walters when he was at the NJ Neuroscience Center. Saw him for nearly 10 years and he was literally a lifesaver for me.... I saw Dr. Divya Gupta, whom he trained and she was good but not Dr. Walters. " From viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6107&p=65442#p65442
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

pamndorr

Post by pamndorr »

A doctor in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Dr Cathy Anne Goldstein - comes highly recommended by one of our members. The original mention was in this thread.
Thanks ViewsAskew for adding Dr. Goldstein for me.

She is a pulmonary/neurologist at U of M. She saved my life...truly. I was at the end of what I could take anymore with this disease and the drugs. She sits and listens to you and she discusses what her plans are and makes sure you are on board with everything plus you have a patient portal directly to her, which is good for me since I live about 3 hours from her. I send her updates and questions all the time and she always answers me back within a day or so. She truly wants to help and she knows about WED.

Thank you for putting this list up. I think it will help a lot of people.

issuesman50

Post by issuesman50 »

For those of you in the Chicago area, and specifically western suburbs, I finally found a Doctor who knows what she is doing. I highly recommend Dr. Kelly Gill of the Chicago Sleep Group with offices in Winfield and Naperville. She is a neurologist with research experience in WED. I have severe symptoms that other Drs have not been able to get under control. She has figured out a regime that currently has reduced my severe daily symptoms to occasional very mild symptoms that do not affect my work or sleep. She is great to work with, and most importantly knows enough to figure out how to get the WED under control. It feels great to finally have a Dr who knows what she is doing.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

In the Houston area, it is Dr. William Ondo. Dr Ondo is on the teaching and research faculty of the University of Texas Medical School in the Medical Center. He also runs one of the WED Foundation's Quality Care Centers.

My visits with Dr Ondo are a bit different from other doctor appointments. I first discuss my issues and current treatment with one of Dr Ondo's residents. When finished, the resident gets Dr Ondo and presents his/her findings. I am allowed to add or correct during this presentation. Dr Ondo then asks questions of both of us, and then provides whatever information is needed to educate me more about WED or to alter my treatment. So not only am I getting some of the best care possible, but I am also helping to educate a new doctor about proper treatment and care of WED patients - a win/win situation.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext