My Secret? The "O"

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
belle

My Secret? The "O"

Post by belle »

Ok, I am cringing as I write this, so bear with me. I debated whether to post this or not because of the TABOO subject, but I keep wondering to myself, "What if no one else knows about this relief? I am obligated to share".
So, if you are sensitive to adult content, please forgive me.
In case we are not all adult here, I will try to tactfully describe.
OK, to the point...I am 28 years old. Have suffered from RLS since about 19. Tried all the usuals, eliminated all the triggers from my diet, massages, medication, etc, and still have at least 5 episodes per week.
Like many of my fellow RLS'ers, I, too, have retired to the guest bedroom or couch MANY nights.
However, in my search for comfort, I have stumbled upon an amazing find. During nights of husband & wife time, when I had an "O", I would fall asleep easily and would not experience any legs pains.
Now, wanting to know if this was purely coincidental, the next episode I experienced of the restless leg pain, I summoned my husband to the back for Husband & Wife time. I made sure to have the "O", and 'viola, I fell fast asleep within 15 minutes, not 1 pain.
I have been using my method, when available, for about 6 months and it has worked everytime!
Because I can not have this remedy at my beckoned call, I have an appointment with my physician to discuss my RLS meds. (Mirapex did not work, want to try Requip.)
In closing, again please accept my apologies, if this is offensive to anyone. I think we all know the points of desperation that we have all come to at one time or another. I simply figure if there is just 1 person out there that could benefit from this info, it is worth it.
Also, I would like to get a Dr's point of view on this. If I remember correctly, isn't it correct that after an "O", endorphins are released? So, am I experiencing nothing more than a dose of self-made pain reliever? Or, might it be related in another way?
Thanks, everyone.
Please respond. I want to hear your thoughts.

Blushing with embarrassment...... :oops:
Sincerely,
Louisiana Belle

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Belle

No need to cringe ... this topic has been discussed ... albeit very very briefly ... a couple of times before on this board.

I'll post the links to the threads here to save you trolling through all the past threads:

The first topic was:
http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

Followed by:
http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

So ... ur not the first to raise the topic ... let alone the first to blush about it. Sex is a perfectly natural thing amongst us humans, so why not talk about it?!

Hope this has helped you out!

Take care of you!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

belle

Me Again

Post by belle »

Ooops! I now see just a few entries below that this subject has been touched on before.
Well, good to know that we have an open minded forum.
After I read the previous posts, I do what to specify something that I wrote in my original message.
I only seem to get the relief from the pain when I have an "O". Just the act of sex does not relieve my symptoms, as it looks that some of you are the other way around. I have to experience an "O" to gain any relief from the pain in my legs.
At times, I have taken it upon myself to administer the therapy, if you catch my drift. It is actually sad. Some nights, after a couple of hours, that's all I can do to get to sleep.
Sincerely,
Louisiana Belle

Heronak

Post by Heronak »

Nothing sad about taking care of our own needs - our partners are not always available. I've also had success with this 'therapy', by the way. Best,

Heron

trevb

Post by trevb »

im sure this "O" thing has something to do with the fact that when body experiences a orgasm there is a release of endorphines (which is the bodys natural 'morphine' related chemical).

i think chocolate enables the release of this too???? now if it didnt make you gain wieght there would be the perfect solution!!!!!, and a great excuse for stuffing chocolate down our mouths all day and night.....

trev :D

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

trevb wrote: i think chocolate enables the release of this too???? now if it didnt make you gain wieght there would be the perfect solution!!!!!, and a great excuse for stuffing chocolate down our mouths all day and night.....

Trev,

If you can find me chocolate that doesn't contain caffeine and too much sugar for my RLS, i'm ur buddy for life!!

If I eat too much chocolate (or chocolate ice-cream for that matter) I can trigger a major attack lol ... but sometimes, it's worth going through that just for the treat :D

Nadia
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Girly Girl

Post by Girly Girl »

An "O" works for me like a charm. Yes, it could be because of the endorphines, but also, at that "point" I can feel how the blood rushes through, and as if it breaks some barrier down my legs, so that the blood can circulate so freely without causing any pain.
The only thing is that to have an " O" every night, it's just too much for me.
Chocolate never works that way.... :wink:

Post by Guest »

endorphines ahh hot peppers do that too, sex is more fun tho. Both together would work i would think.

trevb

Post by trevb »

so in conclusion.... sex while eating chocolate and hot peppers!! lol
finally a cure for rls!
great, better go to the shops then. :wink:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mmm, I make an excellent brownie that has chili powder in it. Yummy!

Ann

DustyLady

Me, too

Post by DustyLady »

Okay, I know this is an older thread, but I just joined the group.

I have used the "O" a number of times in order to be able to go to sleep. And since I'm currently working about 14 hours away from my hubby, that means I have to do it myself. Yep, that little bullet does wonders!

Personally, I think that the reason this works is because I have really strong "O's" where I quiver all over, especially in my legs. I think that making my legs quiver in this way somehow supercedes the quivering in my legs that I get from the RLS.

Dunno.

Dusty

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Wait a minute...she has to orgasm EVERY NIGHT?

NOW you tell me.

If I had known this 22 years ago, I'd have married a girl with RLS!

hee hee. :twisted:

(One of us guys had to say it.)

Kris

Post by Kris »

No such luck for me. For the last few months, my RLS has even been a problem for me (silently) during sex. I don't think my partner has noticed me thinking more about stretching my legs and rubbing them on him than anything else.

WifeofSufferer

The "o"

Post by WifeofSufferer »

I know you seem very shy in writing what you did, however I want to THANK YOU, my husband's RLS has been getting worse and I have been trying to find ways to help him. Not to be gross but he said a few times that "it" did help, but he thought it might be a coincidents. So I just wanted to say Thank You for letting people know.... who didnt.

Anonymous

Interesting

Post by Anonymous »

My boyfriend is just going to love this! But since we have sex so often with many O's, I'm not sure if this is true.

It could just be that you fall asleep from complete exhaustion b/c of the O.

Will keep you posted. (P.S. - Nice to be able to chat about RLS and non-drug therapies).