trying a radically different approach

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ViewsAskew

Re: trying a radically different approach

Post by ViewsAskew »

That helps a lot, Norm. The type of symptoms I have are quite different from yours. I don't have a starting point - the sensations are sort of everywhere in my thighs. I couldn't figure out how to find a starting point to save my life, lol.

This sounds like it may work best with the painful type of WED that appears to have a specific origin.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Norm

Re: trying a radically different approach

Post by Norm »

ViewsAskew,

A friend mentioned to me that a better term for me to use instead of "RLS Trigger Points" would be "Abnormal Sensation Regions".