Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:""""By the way - what is a Zopiclone? """"
Not a hallucination. Zopiclone is my sleeping pill :)

:D I wish I had a sleeping pill at the moment. Woke up restless at 11:30 pm and never went back to sleep. I'm calling in sick today.

I am now doing a weird thing with my Suboxone, I am taking it at different times of the day and it has been allowing me to get by with just taking it rather than supplementing it with other meds.

I take a total of 4 mg a day but I take .5 mg at about 1 am, .5 mg at 8 am, 1 mg at 2 pm, and 2 mg at 11 am. If I were to take it only at 11 am like I was doing then I would not be able to sleep. Of course no matter what I do I have nights like last night where RLS ignores whatever meds I am taking. I stared taking Suboxone at these different times mostly because I found out the Suboxone helped to reduce my withdrawals from the gabapentin I was taking. I think the withdrawals are probably over now but it really seems to help me to take it throughout the day.

The reason I started taking it at 11 am rather than the original 3 hours before bedtime was because of two problems I have with Suboxone which are hyper-alertness and itchiness. Even taking it as I do I get very itchy in bed. The doc mentioned that not everyone who take Suboxone has these problems, I guess I am just one of the unlucky ones.

I continue to live one day at a time. If I looked at the whole picture, that I would need to work to 2020 for full retirement, or for almost 2 more years for partial retirement I would give up. I just keep focused on the next day or the next week and it seems to be working. One thing that has been happening is that I will wake up at night worrying. I hate it, I never used to do that, I think much of it is the Suboxone. My head knowledge knows it is better to get a good nights sleep than agonizing over things I can't change, it won't help anything but it pesters me. That didn't happen tonight, it was just plain RLS moving around like crazy, but it has been happening more often. I wish there were chill pills :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Regarding worrying and anxiety in general, not about health matters in particular, about 4 years ago I read 'The Worry Cure - Stop Worrying and Start Living' by Dr Robert L Leahy.
No way am I a fan of self help books and can't even recall where I learned of this book. Anyways I bought it, read it, and although it didn't tell me much that I didn't know...... just seeing it all laid out and the futility of worrying, and the harm that it does..... it made a difference to me and that difference is still with me.

I might just have another read at it :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Regarding worrying and anxiety in general, not about health matters in particular, about 4 years ago I read 'The Worry Cure - Stop Worrying and Start Living' by Dr Robert L Leahy.
No way am I a fan of self help books and can't even recall where I learned of this book. Anyways I bought it, read it, and although it didn't tell me much that I didn't know...... just seeing it all laid out and the futility of worrying, and the harm that it does..... it made a difference to me and that difference is still with me.

I might just have another read at it :)

Sounds like a good read. The problem I am having Is unusual for me, it is like my brain power switch is broke and won't turn off when it happens. Probably is related to the hyper-alertness symptom I get from Suboxone. Reading will stop it but I should be sleeping and also I don't feel like reading when it happens. It is like being forced to watch TV commercials incessantly lol

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I do understand the reading when you should be sleeping, I was still reading this morning at 4am - which is definitely preferable to endless tv commercials.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm starting to have a little hyper alertness at night. Like around 2 or 3. It only lasts a couple of hours, because then it's time to take another pill and I go to sleep.
I've had two bad nights, worse than my usual bad times. I decided to try something. I recently got some 100 mg gabapentins. I took one a little while ago. I've been having afternoon symptoms. I don't plan on taking one every night. I don't want to take more. I will see how it goes tonight. I'm sick of these afternoon jerks, as well as when I go to bed. It lasted several hours last night. Just can't seem to tolerate this anymore. I'm so tired. EaFall,
Polar Bear, and Ann, I know you all have it worse than me. I'm proud of all of you.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:I do understand the reading when you should be sleeping, I was still reading this morning at 4am - which is definitely preferable to endless tv commercials.

Mind tricks, part of the overall severe RLS life. My wife is depressed today because I'm a boring fool, my whole world constantly upends because of dealing, or not, with RLS, I wish I had never married and my wife would have married someone who was healthy.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I'm starting to have a little hyper alertness at night. Like around 2 or 3. It only lasts a couple of hours, because then it's time to take another pill and I go to sleep.
I've had two bad nights, worse than my usual bad times. I decided to try something. I recently got some 100 mg gabapentins. I took one a little while ago. I've been having afternoon symptoms. I don't plan on taking one every night. I don't want to take more. I will see how it goes tonight. I'm sick of these afternoon jerks, as well as when I go to bed. It lasted several hours last night. Just can't seem to tolerate this anymore. I'm so tired. EaFall,
Polar Bear, and Ann, I know you all have it worse than me. I'm proud of all of you.

You have it plenty bad I know that for sure, it even ended your career. Sorry to hear about the hyper-alertness. That gabapentin is funny stuff. For years it never worked and then it did for awhile and now back to I can't even take it. You seem to always take the minimum amount required which is a good thing. I think if I wouldn't have gone up to 1500 mg it might have worked longer but who knows for sure. I slept good last night, I sure needed it. I hope you get the meds working well again soon.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:I do understand the reading when you should be sleeping, I was still reading this morning at 4am - which is definitely preferable to endless tv commercials.

Mind tricks, part of the overall severe RLS life. My wife is depressed today because I'm a boring fool, my whole world constantly upends because of dealing, or not, with RLS, I wish I had never married and my wife would have married someone who was healthy.

Sorry to hear about your wife. My husband is always worried about me having to take care of him. He has taken care of me plenty of times. I think it's just part of getting older and being married. You have good days and bad. I'd rather be married, than single. We have separate bedrooms which has worked out very well. I hated doing it in the beginning, but now we are both happy. We both sleep at such different times. He spends much of his life in bed, due to his health. I'm more active and go places, unless I haven't slept. It is what it is. Last night I slept and he didn't. It's just the way it is. It does bother me sometimes, but I get over it.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I think debbluebird has put it quite well..... it is what it is.

I also often disappear to the spare bedroom, but always start the night in 'our' bedroom. Two nights ago I was up and down so often and trying so hard not to disturb my husband. Five o'clock I was chopping carrots and parsnips prepping for the Sunday family dinner. At 8am I left a note in the middle of the bedroom floor to say that I'd been awake all night and would now try to sleep in the spare bedroom. Awaking later I looked at the clock and saw 10.05.... darn, only two hours, then I looked again and it actually was 12.50.... obviously I got the big hand and the wee hand mixed up !!!

Eefall, I hope your wife is feeling better, and yourself. Yes she might have married someone who was 'healthy'.... but he might have been horrid, or indeed turned out not to be healthy at all, none of us knew the future.

It is what it is...... Or as my husband would say - we can only deal the cards we are dealt.
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Today I couldn't get into an account with my password and then tried another and another and they didn't work! I then asked my wife because she knows it, I was putting it in incorrectly. It has shaken me up, maybe doesn't sound like a big deal but believe me it is. My job is extremely technical and this is crazy, I'm losing my ability to recall. Dang.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I keep all my passwords in a protected document - I cannot recall any of them. Lately I can't remember the password to open it. I haven't told my husband yet...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I'm sure this is not a new or novel password method but…. I keep all my passwords in a tablet near the computer. However, embedded somewhere in each password is a mini-password which I have committed to memory. So, in the short term, even if someone were to find my password tablet the passwords would not work. So, really all I have to remember is the one mini-password. Of course, should I ever feel that my password tablet was somehow compromised such as through a break-in I would then change all the passwords in their entirety. As I said, not a particularly new technique but one which has pretty much kept me from forgetting multiple passwords.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I need to do something like that....

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

LastPass is a great program. From their website: “LastPass remembers your passwords so that you can focus on the more important things in life.”
Having said it’s great, I don’t use it but my husband does. LastPass creates very secure long passwords and all you have to remember (or keep in a safe place) is the master password. It’s very secure and has had good reviews. It’s free unless you want to use it on multiple devices then it costs $12 per year. I know I should use it because I have lots of same passwords which isn’t good.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've looked at it (and others like it) but haven't spent enough time looking into the security of it. Seems like just about anything can be hacked...what a mess if it were!

Managing Your RLS