Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by EeFall »

Yesterday at work I was feeling really dizzy and a little while latter I decided to do something in the CAD program use and realized that not only had I started it but I had finished it. Hopefully it a a combination of poor sleep and the Suboxone. I suppose on the positive side I had done more work than I had thought :lol: At lease I am only taking Suboxone now and nothing else for RLS, but I am taking it at 5 different times throughout the day. Maybe it is messing with my memory at work. The scary thing is if I forget a dose even after an hour or two I get the sweats from not having it, I am so much more dependent on this stuff than anything else ever.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I checked my email on my computer today and had 125 messages, next I checked my same mail on my smartphone and I had 235 messages. I am now just plan scared. I used to check my email everyday, some of my emails were from several weeks ago on my smartphone. Of course I also forget to come on here. My wife and I have been trying to think about where to go for an upcoming vacation and we decided today that we are just going to stay home. I guess we reevaluated if I am an active senior, I guess I'm not anymore. I still remember when I was around 17 years old and realized that I couldn't do everything, that I had limitations. I talked to my mother that day and I still remember it. It is sort of like that talking to my wife today that I realize now that I am not ever going to be a 100%, not even close. I guess I felt old for the first time today, really old. It has taken a 1/4 of my life now, this severe RLS, I hate it.

My dentist sent me a note a couple of days ago saying after 40 plus years he is going to be handing his practice over to someone else. He was always a really active guy, sports guy into rowing teams and all that. I guess it is only natural no matter what shape you are in nothing is going to remain the same. Maybe we never really get to grow up as life is so short, we are just children trying to get by until our time is over, hopefully there really is something over the rainbow and we can play in the garden once again. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, I am the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Besides a few memory problems things seem to be going okay. My wife is having memory problems too, maybe it is normal. Although she was telling someone the yesterday, while I sat there, that a certain restaurant had closed its doors. I didn't say anything until we were alone but I told her either her or I is going bonkers as although I remembered that they had closed up I had also remembered going back to it awhile back. I almost had her believing it but I looked it up online and although they intend to reopen sometime, they have not! So what I had remembered obviously happened before they closed up but it didn't seem like it was 6 months ago that we went but a few weeks ago.

Today I was out working in yard and she called to me that she could not find her glasses, and she needed them to drive off to do some shopping. I helped her look all over the house, finally I found them, oh well lol

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We lose stuff all the time. It seems hard to do when it's only 600 sq feet. We just laugh and look for whatever it is.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

600 ft of memory is pretty darned good!
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I meant our house.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

It was another of my poor attempts at humor. To make matters worse I should have said 600 sq ft of memory…. But, sometime I just forget. I hope things are going well for you and thanks for bearing with me.

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

If it makes you feel better, Sojourner, I laughed when I read it. 600 SF of memory would surely be wonderful! Mine would be 600 SF of Swiss Cheese - lots of holes for the memories to fall though.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

600 Sq Ft of memory :lol: made me laugh.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Made me laugh also :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

No worries. I figured out it was a joke. I just decided to correct myself.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I'm still riding the wave, we have had a couple of vacations in the last month which has really helped my mood. Went back and visited our home town and we were driving by one of the houses I had lived in as a teenager. A guy a couple of houses down was doing yard work and he looked familiar and I backed up and blurted out his name out the window and he came running over and it was a friend I had back in high school. It was fun talking to him! Everyone goes though something different in their lives. I didn't tell him about my RLS, I usually hate to bring it up as no one seems to understand what it, but regardless, after we talked awhile he told us he had broken over 30 bones since high school. He looks fine but I suppose he has his aches and pains. The guy always had a little Evel Knievel in him (he worked dangerous jobs and I don't think he feared anything). Yikes though I can't imagine going through all those injuries. I've broken one little toe bone in my life (knock on wood) and that was terrible enough.

I just keep taking my Suboxone 5 times a day and continue working. I pray that I can make it to early retirement, it is about 18 months away. Hopefully I can make it to the goal and continue working beyond but that is my goal now. I would have pension from work and social security minimum but no health insurance which means I would have to pay for it, I doubt I could afford it and be able to pay for my meds too and still be able to keep our place. RLS affects even our way of living. If I were without RLS I could easily keep working for another 10 years as I enjoy my job, or at least I would if not for RLS.

I so wish there were a cure. Instead of 18 months going as slow as a lifetime it would zip by really fast. Time seems to slow down for me when I am miserable. Dang I hate being this way. Wishing everyone the strength to endure and pleasant sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well-said, Ee. I wish, too - for you, for me, for everyone here, for everyone who isn't here...it's hard to keep going like that.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

EeFall wrote:I'm still riding the wave, we have had a couple of vacations in the last month which has really helped my mood. Went back and visited our home town and we were driving by one of the houses I had lived in as a teenager. A guy a couple of houses down was doing yard work and he looked familiar and I backed up and blurted out his name out the window and he came running over and it was a friend I had back in high school. It was fun talking to him! Everyone goes though something different in their lives. I didn't tell him about my RLS, I usually hate to bring it up as no one seems to understand what it, but regardless, after we talked awhile he told us he had broken over 30 bones since high school. He looks fine but I suppose he has his aches and pains. The guy always had a little Evel Knievel in him (he worked dangerous jobs and I don't think he feared anything). Yikes though I can't imagine going through all those injuries. I've broken one little toe bone in my life (knock on wood) and that was terrible enough.

I just keep taking my Suboxone 5 times a day and continue working. I pray that I can make it to early retirement, it is about 18 months away. Hopefully I can make it to the goal and continue working beyond but that is my goal now. I would have pension from work and social security minimum but no health insurance which means I would have to pay for it, I doubt I could afford it and be able to pay for my meds too and still be able to keep our place. RLS affects even our way of living. If I were without RLS I could easily keep working for another 10 years as I enjoy my job, or at least I would if not for RLS.

I so wish there were a cure. Instead of 18 months going as slow as a lifetime it would zip by really fast. Time seems to slow down for me when I am miserable. Dang I hate being this way. Wishing everyone the strength to endure and pleasant sleep.

E, I'm going to look at the bright side and say that, since your last post, you are now only 17 month and 27 days away from retirement. Whew! How time flies!

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I'm still kicking. Rough night and I am taking on average a day off a week from work. My memory is getting worse but still getting by. Thinking about you all, sleep well.