Cannabis

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rickfirmine

Cannabis

Post by Rickfirmine »

Does anyone have success with cannabis and if so what type and how is it taken (smoked, edibles, vape pen etc)

stjohnh

Re: Cannabis

Post by stjohnh »

Lots of people successfully use medical marijuana for treatment of restless legs syndrome. There is lots of information in the non-prescription section. Briefly, only a few people can control their jumping legs with medical marijuana alone. A larger number are able to use medical marijuana to help with sleep difficulties. It is taken by a variety of routes. Edibles is the most reliable, however it takes an hour or two for the effects. Vaping is good for a quick effect, however wears off fairly quickly.

I am finding, as have several others, that THC Edibles work better for sleeping, in contradistinction to the common recommendation by the people who work at marijuana dispensaries who generally say use high CBD or indica preparations for sleep. Seems like the usual dose by people with RLS is about 5 - 10 milligrams of THC. THC preparations do cause more of a stoned feeling, however it generally wears off by the morning when you wake up.
Blessings,
Holland

Mocha123

Post by Mocha123 »

I am taking 5ml oil 9% CBD and <1% THC a night 2.5ml at 10PM and 2.5 ml at midnight which gives me 4-6 hours of sleep. It is working better than anything else I have tried lately. I tried vaporizing but it doesn't last long enough and brings back cravings for cigarettes (I quit 3 years ago) I found THC made my legs go crazy and the doctor at the clinic says its about half of their RLS patients that have that reaction. I don't have to worry about being "high" and driving. Hope I don't build up a resistance to it

badnights

Post by badnights »

@ Rickfirmine - - For more on this topic, search cannabis or marijuana in the search bar at top right. A lot has been posted about it. Most of those posts are in the Non-prescription Forum.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.