Gabapenton

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rcure

Gabapenton

Post by Rcure »

I've been on DA drugs and didn't find them all that effective for my rls, I'm currently on 400mg of gabapenton 3 x a day and find it to be most effective so far.

My rls has gotten manageable as the strange painfull sensations in my arms and legs have slowly dissipated downwards from my entire arms and legs to only my feet and hands with every increase in dose. The pain will get worse when I have over worked my arms and legs such as lots of walking/standing or using my hands (I'm a Machanic).

Before being on gabapenton I felt rls was the cause to all these issues but is it possible that rls is secondary and I may have something like peripheral neuropathy as well? Or does what I discribe make since with rls?

I'll add that I've had symptoms of rls for as long as I can remember but didn't have this pain.

ViewsAskew

Re: Gabapenton

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sure, it's possible. We have had several people here who've had both. And, given that the dopamine drugs didn't work well, it makes it more likely - they wouldn't have helped the pain of neuropathy.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.