D-Ribose

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Re: D-Ribose

Post by Polar Bear »

Views - wow !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was able to fall to sleep - though had some weird thoughts - so didn't take it at bed time (3 AM). Woke up at 8 AM - awake and with disordered thoughts and a hint of sensations - so came downstairs and took the D-ribose. I had to meditate to fall back to sleep, but then slept until about 11:30 AM without any sensations or awakenings. Normally I awaken frequently when I take pramipexole.

Of course, this is really limited data.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

yawny

Post by yawny »

Wow! I took D-Ribose for three months but only during the daytime. I don't have daytime RLS symptoms. I took it for energy because I was so dang tired from lack of sleep and told not to drink coffee or eat sugar. I needed something. I learned about it on the Internet with lots of people using it for energy. And it did help with my energy! Not like a hot, rich and creamy cup of coffee (ok, I may miss it a bit) type of energy but a nice bit of uplift. I stopped because I went on a strict diet. Now I'm very curious to try it at bedtime and see what happens.