September 2016 - New Members

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Rustsmith

Re: September 2016 - New Members

Post by Rustsmith »

Wednesday, September 21

Welcome today to

Villasenor, whose RLS has been affected primarily by negative sleep conditions which also involves sleep apnea and the combination of RLS triggers resulting in fatigue, day time sleepiness, headaches, work schedule, irritability, depression, and concentration.

Take a look around to see what you can find and then please post a note telling us about yourself and asking any questions that you have.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Friday, September 23

Welcome today to

heathermhowlett, who has had RLS for 7 years, with augmentation. She takes pramipexole and tramadol in the early and late evening.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing augmentation. Please take a look through our files, especially the forum on Augmenation. Then please post a note telling us a bit about yourself, your RLS treatment history and what we can do to help.

and to

mgrnlfs, who does not have RLS - but is looking to learn more about personal experiences and treatments.

and to

VonZuvius, who has been taking meds for Neuropathy for 3 years but they're not working. He had a nerve conduction study and his neurologist said this is not Neuropathy but he believes it is RLS. Starting Neupro patch and praying it brings some relief. This tingling, numbness is horrible.

Take a look around and feel free to post a note with any questions that you have. Hope the Neupro does some good.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Welcome to Downunder1 Sep 24

Post by badnights »

Welcome to Downunder1 (can I guess where you live? :)) who has unfortunately had this disease since a very young age and is saddened by how it affects his family.

We hope the support you find here will ease the burden.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Welcome to Greg on Sep. 24

Post by badnights »

Let's extend a welcome to Greg, whose wife suffers badly from RLS/WED.

Greg, There's lots of information here, and as you may have found out already, knowledge is one of our best weapons in dealing with this disease. Check out the Topic called "A Good Place to Start" in this Forum. Or start a new topic and tell us a bit about yourself and your wife. If there's a specific kind of
information you want, just ask!

Here's hoping you and your wife find benefits from being here.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Welcome to sam1953 on Sep. 24

Post by badnights »

A warm welcome to sam1953, whose life has taken a turn for the worse. Like many of us, sam1953's health is suffering from the sleep loss and the medications, and quality of life has been impacted as well.

Please look around, if you haven't already, and when you feel comfortable, start a topic or reply to a post. Let us know something about yourself and your worries. Ask for information, or just vent! We've all been there - impacted by this disease and by the treatments for it, and looking for a better way to live.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Saturday, September 24

Please welcome

Pogo, who has suffered with RLS since age nine and is now 61. Pogo augmented after 14 years on Mirapex and then less than a year on Requip. Pogo is now on methadone and although is getting good relief from the RLS, is is causing a severe lack of appetite, weight loss and personality change. Life has become very difficult.

Please post a note telling us a bit more about yourself and asking any questions that we can to do help.
Steve

badnights

Welcome to snoopy Sep 24

Post by badnights »

Welcome to snoopy, whose RLS/WED has recently gotten much worse.

Please browse around, post something about yourself, ask questions. You're among fellow sufferers, and we'll all know what you're talking about.

Polar Bear

Welcome to dan Sept 2014

Post by Polar Bear »

Today we welcome

dan - who restless leg syndrome and has had limited success with prescription drugs. dan asks are there treatments that physicians are unaware of?

dan, there are many physicians who are not well versed and certainly not up to date in the treatment of RLS. Please feel free to start a topic, or join a thread. Tell us a little about your RLS history and ask questions. The 'Just Joined - Managing your RLS' has good information. Please do ask questions.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Welcome to dan - Sep 25

Post by Rustsmith »

Today, please welcome

dan, who has RLS and has had limited success with prescription drugs. He asks if there are treatments that my physicians are unaware of.

There are a number of treatment approaches available, which you can find discussed in the "Prescription Medications" forum. Please post a note telling us a bit about what your physician's know about so that we can provide a specific answer to you.
Steve

Rustsmith

Welcome to Rjc - Sept 26

Post by Rustsmith »

Welcome today to

Rjc, whose RLS has been worsening over several years and now controls life.

Take a look around and then please post a note telling us about yourself, your RLS treatment and asking any questions you have.
Steve

Rustsmith

Welcome to Steph - Sept 27

Post by Rustsmith »

Welcome today to

Steph, who was recently been diagnosed with RLS. However it doesn't keep her awake at night.....just all day, her legs especially the left calf has a creeping bug feeling, which only gets better when walking or exercising. The feeling does pass now and again only to leave a cramp like feeling.

Take a look around and then please post a note telling us about yourself, if you are receiving treatment other than exercise and please ask any questions that you have.
Steve

Rustsmith

Welcome to Wee Josie - Sept 29

Post by Rustsmith »

Thursday, September 29

Welcome today to

Wee Josie, has suffered with RLS her entire life (now 63) and it seems to be getting worse. Joining the forum with others who completely understand this awful condition will not only be supportive but invaluable to learn from the experience of others.

Take a look around and then please post a note telling us a bit about yourself, your RLS treatment(s) and asking any questions that you have.
Steve

Rustsmith

Welcome to Tinad

Post by Rustsmith »

Friday, September 30

Welcome to

Tinad, who has been an Rls sufferer for 30 years and finds that it's getting worse

Please take a look around and then post a note asking any questions that remain.
Steve