Whacha readin?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Madmom02

Re: Whacha readin?

Post by Madmom02 »

ViewsAskew, had to laugh at your airport story. I had a 14 state region for two years in the early 1990's and would cram books in my suitcase like you. One time I was at the LAX baggage carousel and watched a familiar book go by. "Hey, I just read that." And then, "Hmm, Im reading that". Another book goes by and all of a sudden Im scrambling to pick up my bits and pieces. My bag had fallen apart!

So glad for Kindles!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Madmom02 wrote:ViewsAskew, had to laugh at your airport story. I had a 14 state region for two years in the early 1990's and would cram books in my suitcase like you. One time I was at the LAX baggage carousel and watched a familiar book go by. "Hey, I just read that." And then, "Hmm, Im reading that". Another book goes by and all of a sudden Im scrambling to pick up my bits and pieces. My bag had fallen apart!

So glad for Kindles!

Too funny! Not the bag falling apart part, but the books going around part. :-)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

That is funny!

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Reminds me of an incident many years ago (since I usually don't check bags anymore). We landed in San Francisco late in the evening. The first thing that come off onto the conveyor was some women's undergarments. During the parade of various suitcases and garment bags there were a few more undergarments, but not too many and nothing else in the way of clothing. None of the bags appeared to have been broken or opened.

Not surprisingly (especially for the culture of late 70's or early 80's), no one touched any of the clothing as it went round and round and round. I was tempted, but we decided not to stay to see if anyone ever claimed any of it.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Even today, not sure I'd want to start gathering my undies in front of everyone!

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Not being the svelte young thing I used to be...... if my undies were going around on a conveyor belt I'd never admit they were mine !!
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Madmom02

Post by Madmom02 »

Any Downton Abbey fans? Just finished The Passing Bells series by Philip Rock which was pretty good.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Loved Downton Abbey and have watched the TV series in its entirety.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I loved it, too!

Managing Your RLS

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

About half-way through The Light Between the Oceans. Somewhat of a leap from the genre I usually gravitate to but so far I am enjoying it. While I did not get to see the movie (based on the book) this Fall, I am looking forward to seeing it when it appears on TV in a year or two.

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

badnights

Post by badnights »

speaking of light I just finished All the Light We Cannot See. It was very good, though it left me a bit melancholy.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Have "All the Light..." on my Hold list at the e-library. Don't know when it will become available but I appreciate the heads up about it being a good read. Some days melancholy is not necessarily a bad feeling.

This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Sojourner wrote:Have "All the Light..." on my Hold list at the e-library. Don't know when it will become available but I appreciate the heads up about it being a good read. Some days melancholy is not necessarily a bad feeling.

Finally got my turn to download "All the Light...". Thought it was a good and worth the read. On the long list for "Girl on the Train." Have read several others lately that were not very good. Never know I guess.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Have not read anything in ages...am teaching again, but it's a course I've taught before, so no book reading needed. I need to come back to this thread and pick out something wonderful.

Managing Your RLS

Madmom02

Post by Madmom02 »

Reading "The Life at the Dakota" (Stephen Birmingham) and had to share this:
"...another advised guests at a dinner party against “shaking with your feet the chair of a neighbor”—an activity whose purpose is hard to imagine."

I think we can imagine the purpose, yeah?