Well....DUH!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Well....DUH!

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
Chronic wakefulness might leave its mark on cardiovascular system, study suggests

By Alan Mozes
Friday, March 31, 2017

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_164395.html
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Re: Well....DUH!

Post by Rustsmith »

I suspect that the actual study may have been useful, but it is summaries such as this that can give "scientific" studies a really bad name. Maybe I will take the time tomorrow to dig into the real paper that was presented and not just this summary.

But, on the surface, this would appear to be a waste of time and money -- IF it was as simple as medline's summary makes it appear. In that case, we would have been far better off if they had spent it on something useful such as a valid study of opioids on the treatment of RLS or some other such topic.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Re: Well....DUH!

Post by badnights »

Cost would have been minimal for a literature review. It was probably somebody's thesis project. In this publish-or-die world, no one cares what you write, as long as it gets published....
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.