Our Amazon purchases can support the RLS Foundation

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
yawny

Our Amazon purchases can support the RLS Foundation

Post by yawny »

:D Hi Everyone,

I just discovered that we can contribute to the RLS Foundation through our purchases at Amazon. It's at no cost to us, and an easy way to help the RLS Foundation do the great work they do.

I've already contributed 76 cents! LOL...but if we all work together...

-If you're interested, sign up by clicking on this link:

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1784846

-After you've signed up, instead of going to Amazon.com, you instead go to the following each time you shop.

smile.amazon.com

-What is Amazon Smile? This link explains the program...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about? ... tries%2A=0

ViewsAskew

Re: Our Amazon purchases can support the RLS Foundation

Post by ViewsAskew »

One thing to remember - always sign in on the Amazon Smile page....it does not always remind you. I sometimes search for something and open up Amazon from the search. It always defaults to regular Amazon. Sometimes it reminds you to switch. But, not always!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It seems Amazon Smile is not available here in the UK, i.e. on Amazon.co.uk which is rather a shame.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:It seems Amazon Smile is not available here in the UK, i.e. on Amazon.co.uk which is rather a shame.

:( :?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

yawny

Post by yawny »

That's disappointing Betty...I'll just step up my purchases to cover your difference. :wink:

Ann, it's taken me a few times to remember to sign in to Smile, and not the regular Amazon, and every time I missed I'm like dagnabbit! But the disappointment makes me remember now! So now I'm reminding my husband with his purchases.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yawny wrote:That's disappointing Betty...I'll just step up my purchases to cover your difference. :wink:

Ann, it's taken me a few times to remember to sign in to Smile, and not the regular Amazon, and every time I missed I'm like dagnabbit! But the disappointment makes me remember now! So now I'm reminding my husband with his purchases.

:D

Managing Your RLS

yawny

Post by yawny »

It's been a month since I joined AmazonSmile to support the RLS Foundation and my total contribution is $4.03...I imagine that buys a cup of coffee for some brilliant researcher looking for a medication for us that doesn't cause augmentation!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yawny wrote:It's been a month since I joined AmazonSmile to support the RLS Foundation and my total contribution is $4.03...I imagine that buys a cup of coffee for some brilliant researcher looking for a medication for us that doesn't cause augmentation!

:D

Managing Your RLS

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

That could be a very important cup of coffee.

yawny

Post by yawny »

:wink: LOL

yawny

Post by yawny »

I just checked in on my Amazon contributions to the RLS Foundation and got this update (please read in a newscaster voice)...

- You have generated $22.21 as of January 9, 2018

- Your current charity Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation Inc has received $719.30 as of November 2017

(If you want, you can switch back to your regular voice now…I didn’t) Nice to see others choosing the same charity! If you haven’t, please consider signing up so we can help the Foundation be as strong as possible. Happy New Year!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It's a shame that this doesn't apply to Amazon customers in the UK.
Well done to those who have helped to raise he $719 :D
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks for letting us know. I have put it on my home screen and will tell husband. We shop a lot on there since we are so far away from stores.

yawny

Post by yawny »

Polar Bear wrote:It's a shame that this doesn't apply to Amazon customers in the UK...

Betty, are you suggesting you’re a big shopper? :wink: It would be great if UK Amazon customers had AmazonSmile. I always wonder how these things work, or in this case, don’t work. I’ve never been that much of a shopper and I dread malls, but I really enjoy online shopping. Perhaps too much. But in this case it’s for a great cause!

debbluebird wrote:Thanks for letting us know. I have put it on my home screen and will tell husband. We shop a lot on there since we are so far away from stores.

That’s so great, Deb! It takes a little getting used to as far as remembering to shop from the smile.amazon location, but otherwise everything else is the same from what I can tell (same prices, same options, etc).

I love seeing my contribution summary on the main page every time I go to shop because I feel like I’m doing something to help our cause. It’s positive energy.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yawny - i had a look at my Amazon Orders and in 2017 I had 72 deliveries
and in 2016 there were 98 deliveries.
This covers all sorts from my make-up to slippers, gifts, even a new part for the dishwasher.... and a new part for the cooker.
3 deliveries so far in 2018.

Saves so much time trekking around shops.
Betty