new here...nice forum

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Anonymous

new here...nice forum

Post by Anonymous »

:D Finally it's nice to know that it's not all in my head...tingling sensations in my right leg...the more i tried to ignore it...the more it becomes worse...i usually kick my leg up or squeeze the muscles in my leg...nothing help.i usually wake up in the middle of the night with these tingling sensations.

raspberry

I'm new here also.

Post by raspberry »

Hope I don't mess up too badly; not exactly sure how to post messages. I'm looking forward to learning from others their thoughts about this terrible RLS. Am I right in assuming there is some kind of link between RLS and fibromyalgia?

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hey Itch and Raspberry,

Welcome home! When you get to know the people on this forum, that's what you'll feel like evertime you come back, that you're home.

First thing. No you are NOT crazy. Yes, this thing is brutal and it is for real.

Second, I just know about myself and the fact that I have RLS/PLMD/and Fibro. Not every one here on this site does tho.

My prediction for the near future is:

You will be welcomed by some of the most fantastic people that lurk on this site. They are kind, loving, caring, thoughtful, intelligent, funny, ummmm could start to run outta room if I keep going.

But, welcome and vent, share, ask, we're family!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Anonymous

thanks for a nice welcome

Post by Anonymous »

:D at least i know what to call what i have :wink: sometimes the hardest thing to do is to explain to someone what i feel...now there is a name for it cooollll :lol: does anyone feel so unconfortable that..i have to beat up my leg muscle so this this feeling will go away?sometimes i feel like cutting my leg just for this feeling to go away.did i exagerate or anybody feels like mine?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Nah, you didn't exaggerate. It is one of the most maddening feelings I've ever felt. I've had broken bones, multiple surgeries, car accidents, root canals, and nothing compares to the nagging, incessant, recurring, annoying feeling of RLS.

People with firbro often have RLS - not sure which happens first. Ruby was talking about it recently. But people with RLS don't necessarily have fibro more than the general population, I don't think.

Glad you found us and hope you find what you need here. There are two 'sticky' posts in the New to RLS? section. If you get a chance, read those. The Welcome sticky has some specific info on how to manage RLS before you take meds (or while you take them). Good info to help you manage this disorder and feel a little better. Great info to help you manage your care and your doc :lol: .

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Was at a friends' house a lil while ago ... watching dvds ... and out of the blue i started literally thumping the living daylights outta my calf and thigh muscles!

Needless to say my friends were going "what the????" ... but i just calmly told them to carry on watching the dvd, that i was feeling quite sane and not doing myself any harm.

So, no, you're not alone in the leg thumping department; or in wanting to cut them off ... although you do realise that if you do this you will only suffer from phantom rls and i can only imagine that this would be a million times more frustrating!!!!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Anonymous

surgery at young age

Post by Anonymous »

Does this disorder can occur if you have a surgery in a very young age?because as far as i can remember i have this..since i was a kid...at 6yrs of age i had my appendicitis remove but they have to put me in anesthesia for two days because my appendix have already burst and they had to open me up and get my stomach out to clean it up.any connection???sorry for the graphic details...another thing does it make it worse if i have a hernia?
thanks guys :lol:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

.itch, lots of people have it as children. Sometimes surgery can aggravate it, depends on the surgery. Consider reading some of the posts or links in the Welcome 'sticky' in the New to RLS section (link below). There are so many answers to your questions plus some!

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1068

There are also great posts in other places, too 8) . It does take some reading time, and not everyone likes to read, but there are answers to almost any question you could have - especially about the basics of RLS.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

:)

Post by Anonymous »

:D hello everyone im getting familiar with this site so pls bear with me thanks.just happy to find this site :oops:

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

I'm fairly new here myself, yet it feels as if I have always belonged here! Glad you are finding your way around. One of the first things that helped me was the wonderful people who still come to rls.org. The second was all the information they have gathered and placed online in the new to rls section. The list of medications that intensify (sp) RLS symptoms was very helpful. ((((Big Hug))))) Hazel