What Severe RLS is Like

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: What Severe RLS is Like

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:I'll be watching with interest to see how you cope tonight.

7 hours and 50 minutes sleep even though I woke at 4:30 am. I feel a little fidgety, it must be right at the edge of the lowest dose of Suboxone I can take at 2 mg. I feel good though now if this sleep continues for next week I should be free and clear! :lol:

Hope that is the case!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Alas I am really feeling down. I went on a walk with my wife and it made it worse. It just occurred to me that I am probably going through withdrawals. Hard to believe from 2 1/4 mg to 2 mg could make a difference but I guess it does. So 2 mg might be enough to sleep and get rid of most of the RLS symptoms it isn't enough to not begin withdrawal symptoms. I am also very tired yet I should not be. All I can do is hope it goes away soon. :(

Update: Now that I think about it I did read awhile back that many addicts did not have problems getting off Suboxone until they hit 2 mg mark. Weird. And these were guys who were going down from taking 8 or 16 mg a day to get off opioids. I only took 4 mg.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hope you can figure this one out. I'm sure you will.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I really don't like the hyper alert period. I'm exhausted, but can't sleep and no RLS.
Hope it gets better for you.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb - isn't the hyper alert just so awful. Exhausted but not sleepy and I find this can last all night.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yep

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

4 days of getting almost 8 hours sleep but last night had to take an extra 1/4 mg to sleep, probably because earlier in day one of the dose sheets got stuck to my finger instead of under my tongue and by the time it was positioned probably lost much medicine lol, Kratom pulled me out of downer feeling, well use it again if returns.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Kratom can be very helpful that way.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

legsbestill wrote:Kratom can be very helpful that way.

Yeah its great.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

7 hours 19 minutes sleep last night so 5 days in a row getting over 7 hours sleep. I have been at 2 mg dose now for several days so I think it is safe to say I made it to 2 mg rather than 4 mg! Very happy about that as besides the cost savings I feel much more "normal" taking half as much. :D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very good!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Great!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Slept from 7:30 pm to midnight & have been up since then. Already had 2 coffees and an Atkins bar. Mentally I am almost haunted with troubling thoughts of failure and a wasted life. Took my mother to emergency yesterday morning at 8:30 am as she called us and was having problems. Ended up being a fairly small problem and we finally got home 7 hours latter. I then ripped out of the ground a large hedge type plant and replaced it with a new tree my wife’s friend gave her. I am glad I had that to do when I got home cause I was very stressed.

My brother in law was put into a home for Alzheimer’s patience last week. This kind of old age crap is getting to me. This guy used to be like Fonzie on Happy Days old TV show. He was so cool now his mind is gone.

So at midnight I was, and now too, trying to determine if it is RLS why I am up or my screwed up life. The lot next to ours is actually ours as a underground cistern is there and can never be used. When we moved here there was mostly weeds with wild grass on it. I have spent last couple of months getting all the weeds out so I can reseed and make it a nice lawn. I realized early on I was enjoying attacking the weeds and getting the roots out. Actually venting my frustrations out on them. I have probably filled up a 50 gallon yard waste container a half dozen times doing this and still maybe 90% finished.

I could be doing art or writing books but I am just plan angry. Not sure why I am angry really. Maybe cause I expected more out of life, not sure. There was a post recently on here on a thread I created 5 years ago. Called something like I Started WW 3. I did not remember that I had gone through that in my life. I had totally hid it away. It was mind blowing the other day when I read it and realized my subconscious had suppressed it. Five years ago my RLS was horrendous, I can’t even imagine acting like that.

Maybe I’ll read this a few years from now and wonder if I wrote this too. Yeah, this is what severe RLS is like and I hate it.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Creating a garden is a wonderful thing and you should feel proud of that. Put in a fruit tree and 2 or 3 fruit bushes and you will have joy every harvest. I find audiobooks are helpful to distract me from those awful bleak thoughts when they strike. I have also heard that an ibuprofen pill can be helpful at night time to calm the racing brain (unless counter-indicated for health reasons). And of course there is always Kratom - which I would never have discovered if it were not for rls. Small mercies ...

badnights

Post by badnights »

There is nothing like gardening to bring peace. It combines all the best things - physical activity but not too much, mental activity that's just enough to keep you from dwelling on things but not demanding, you're outside (a biggie), and you're working with living things that don't move, which is therapeutic and calming.

Seeing your mother declining and your bil with Alzheimers will have put you in mind of your own mortality. Naturally, you are taking stock. Just be careful not to dwell on the past, which can't be undone, and instead devote yourself to fully experiencing the day you're living in, and every next day you have. Make plans to do things you've always wanted to do. And garden! If you could garden every day, you would ooze happiness out into the world and make it a better place! what could be more rewarding than that?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.