Small accident

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Re: Small accident

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm sorry that your trip has been overshadowed by your RLS symptoms and also the write-off of your vehicle.

Just bear in mind that it will eventually get sorted and enjoy your trip - RLS permitting.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Insurance called again. Now they say we have two options, turn the vehicle over to them, or keep it and fix it. If we keep it, to get it fixed, they will only give us half of what they were going to give us. It took them long enough to give us the other option. I guess most people just take the money and buy a new one. They still can't give us any exact figures. What a pain.
Legs were better last night. I didn't take the sinemet. That pill seems to only work for one night, them messes me up. Spasms calmed down and I was able to have longer sleep periods.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dealing with insurance companies is often one of the most miserable tasks...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I never take out an insurance policy for anything on-line.
This is so that in the case of a problem I can go to an office and sit face to face with a real person.
Generally speaking I've managed to get insurance from a local broker that equates to what is available on line.

deb - I guess you need to know how much it will cost to put your damaged vehicle back on the road before it's possible to know if the insurer's offer will be acceptable.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yep. Oh, we have an office, with a real person, and they have been helpful. It is the adjusters, that have been calling.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Deb, years ago I had the opposite problem. I had a car that was so new that it still had temporary (paper) plates when I was caught in a severe hail storm one night. I later found out that I probably drove just below a tornado. I ran off the road and hit a telephone pole because the hail had covered the road with pine needles so that all of the road markings were gone. The car also ended up in a ditch filled with rain water, so the interior and the car's computer all got soaked.

Well, the insurance adjuster was completely incompetent and didn't see about half of the damage that occurred, probably just the imprint of the phone pole in the front bumper and the two air bags that had gone off. The car should have been totaled, but they insisted in fixing it. That took over 3 months. My insurance paid for a rental car, but they only cover 30 days. The body shop ended up renting a car for me for the rest of the time since some of the issue was due to them being backed up with all the other cars that had hail damage. I ended up driving that car for another four years, but never really trusted it.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Wow, Steve. They finally gave us the offer. Only $2000 less than what we paid for it. Now decision time, by Friday. Can't believe it.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb - you are sounding better today - good news :)
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Deb, is that a fair price? How long have you had it?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It is for sure a fair price. We only paid $6000 for it. Last week we thought they were only going to give us $1000, plus, less the deductible, which is nothing really.
On the road again. Knock on wood, we should be home sometime tomorrow.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Nice to hear of someone being pleased with an Insurance Company offer :)
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very good!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Made it home !!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

YAY!

Managing Your RLS