Moving Mayhem

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
leggo_my_legs

Re: Moving Mayhem

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Wow!!! I stepped away from this thread for a minute and you made a huge leap towards your move!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am in California!!!!! Big, big, big, BIG sigh! Easy access to Dr. B, hopefully no worries about running out of meds, and a climate that I can feel good in all year round. I love being outside and was always extremely active. This feels like nirvana to me. I brought most of my clothes and some of my husband's as well as my books I use for classes and some other personal stuff (4 suitcases!)

My young artists came by again - so fun. They oo-ed and ah-ed there way through art supplies, glass, plants, shop lights, and other stuff we had. They stuffed their little car, lol, and then offered to help me if I needed any grunt work. Such sweeties. I told them if my nephew didn't want our couch that they could have it.

I posted 8 trays of gesneriads the day before I left - about 200 plants - on Freecycle. Hubby is passing them out tonight and tomorrow. We are bringing about 25-30 boxes - cooking/baking/eating stuff, books, sewing machine, etc - and the rest is going to a donation center. I wanted to Freecycle more of it, but just couldn't get to it.

Hubby gave notice - he is a contractor and they said he could work remotely when he told them 6 months ago that he was going to move. He checked in again a couple months ago - fine, they said. When he told them he was leaving, they said they didn't think him working remotely would work. He was panicky at first. Now he is getting used to it and realizes it is a good thing. The project is SO poorly managed and screwed up that it will be a relief to be elsewhere. Of course, he has to find another job, but he has solid skills in IT - I cannot imagine someone wouldn't want him!

I see Dr B in the morning; imagine he will do bloodwork and it will be interesting to see where the ferritin is. When it kicked in this time, I went from 30-35 mg of methadone or .37 mg of pramipexole to 12.5 mg methadone (or about half of that with .0625 pramipexole). Now I am up to 20-25 mg methadone or 12.5 mg methadone with .125 mg pramipexole - so still lower, but creeping up there. My guess is that it is still in the hundreds but below 190, which seems to be a magic spot.

We will see!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yeah, so good to hear you are there.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Wonderful news!! Hope all the positive vibes continue.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done. Very happy for you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Best wishes for life in California. Nothing like sunshine to soothe the body and soul. It must have been so much fun giving away your art supplies and plants. Giving really is better than receiving.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hurray! Enjoy all that sunshine and warmth, and having Dr. B close by! My neuro doesn't like it when I take my full methadone prescription, which is 2.5 5 mg. pills a day. When my ferritin is low, I need at least 3 whole tablets. When my ferritin is higher, I need 2 a day. Now I'm just taking kratom, though, and can adjust the dose as needed for RLS or pain. Methadone didn't touch my back pain, and kratom does so that's a bonus.

I hauled a full carload to Goodwill in the back of my Ford Flex, which is a fairly big car. (I've been getting progressively bigger vehicles as my small car got read-ended and totaled, then my somewhat larger car, which was a hybrid, got rear-ended by a concrete truck...) Between Goodwill, Freecycle, and the Neighborhood group, I'm making progress. It's a lot of work to get stuff out of the house! Kudos to you, Ann!
Susan

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Welcome!!! Congratulations!!! Now get to the beach!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, wish I were on the beach! Amy will be gone in a few days, so I will put the doggie in the car and drive to a park that is on the beach. We have a lovely walk there - and lots of Pokemon to catch, too!

The sunshine truly make me smile - I just feel so much happier here - in an intrinsic way. Sunshine, low humidity, temperature, wafting breezes - altogether it feels like the place I am meant to be.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Wonderful !!

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

So glad you love it!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks! So many people say, "Why do you want to live there????" I guess we just all have our happy places in the world, lol, and mine is here.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I liked California when we lived there, except housing is so expensive.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I liked California when we lived there, except housing is so expensive.

That definitely is true! We are looking at it as downsizing for retirement a bit early :-).

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

Susan wrote:(I've been getting progressively bigger vehicles as my small car got read-ended and totaled, then my somewhat larger car, which was a hybrid, got rear-ended by a concrete truck...)
Yikes, Susan! I hope that trend doesn't continue. You'll be driving a concrete truck, yourself, and it'll get rear-ended by a train or something!

Ann wrote:The sunshine truly make me smile - I just feel so much happier here - in an intrinsic way. Sunshine, low humidity, temperature, wafting breezes - altogether it feels like the place I am meant to be.
So happy for you! You evoke a feeling that's familiar to me, though I can't recall where I felt it before.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.