Happy New Year! & checking in

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
leggo_my_legs

Happy New Year! & checking in

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Happy 2018, all! Wishing you the best of health and love this year.

I am just checking in briefly...I am knee-deep in an employment transition, hoping a second interview goes well later this week. If not I don't have a lot else in the pipeline right now.

Sleep wise, slight improvement...most days I don't wake up wanting to cry, but I'm still not rested either.

Not much to say but wanted to pop in.

ViewsAskew

Re: Happy New Year! & checking in

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, leggo! Happy New Year to you, too. Wondered how you were doing. Best of luck to you on the interview. Please do not be a stranger once you get settled.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:thumbup: leggo - good luck with your interview
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good to hear from you.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hope the interview went well. It's too bad you're still not resting properly. Do you have more appointments coming up, to try to figure it out?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Thanks all. I got the job!!! Social worker working with older adults. It will be a few months before I can start...healthcare credentialing process is lengthy.

So relieved...my job situation the past 3 years has been tenuous and had horrible health coverage. Tenuous because job was full time permanent but based on a state contract. I knew the job would eventually end in layoff, and it did on Oct 31.

Yes I am going back to see Dr. B. in a few weeks.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good news!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

leggo - whoop whoop What a great start to 2018.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Congratulations! I hope you can walk around a lot at your new job.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

leggo_my_legs wrote:Thanks all. I got the job!!! Social worker working with older adults. It will be a few months before I can start...healthcare credentialing process is lengthy.

So relieved...my job situation the past 3 years has been tenuous and had horrible health coverage. Tenuous because job was full time permanent but based on a state contract. I knew the job would eventually end in layoff, and it did on Oct 31.

Yes I am going back to see Dr. B. in a few weeks.

YAY!!!

Hey, let me know when you will be here. I am here full time now. We are in the process of signing a lease for a short term furnished rental so will be moving in a couple weeks, but that will take about one car load since we only have clothes to take, lol. My guess is I will be quite available.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Good news, leggo! Must be such a relief.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Thanks all. Yes it is. Still a bit concerned as there are a few more hoops to jump through before I am allowed to start. There is a 2 part acceptance process. 1) They want to hire you (check!) 2) Your background is fully vetted and you are given the handshake. I am on step 2 maybe for another month or 2.

Waiting game is a little stressful. Finances are getting a little sketchy too. I can make it until April but I just don't want anything to go wrong because that would set me back months in terms of finding something else. Therefore I am still looking a bit.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hard to take a deep breath and let what happens happen at times like this, isn't it?

Managing Your RLS

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

ViewsAskew wrote:Hard to take a deep breath and let what happens happen at times like this, isn't it?

So well said. It really is.

Feel that I'm waiting for either success or professional embarrassment.